What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown projectile in case.

18pounder

Hello

picked this up for little money.
threads are imaculate

Has the following markings on unfired projectile:

54,6 2.
Side of case at bottom:
BMR 1/59
Bottom of case:
s
CE

Think its 1957,its not my bag normally,but it was cheep.

The fuze is missing can anyone post images of this fuze please?

thanks alot

18pounder

Attachments

• time fuze 004.jpg
    time fuze 004.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 143
  • time fuze 005.jpg
    time fuze 005.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 136
Hi 18pdr
I think I have one of these projectiles also minus fuze.
can you list dimensions of proj & case please?

The case is a French 30mm Hispano AA Case for the post war HS 831 AA gun. It was made in 1957.

Yes it was, I would have done that without hesitation. Even more so for the projectile even though I wouldn't have known what it was. It can always be identified and a fuze and case found for it.

Wanted :images of correct fuze

Yes it was, I would have done that without hesitation. Even more so for the projectile even though I wouldn't have known what it was. It can always be identified and a fuze and case found for it.

thanks mate

so now all i want is the fuze!

anybody have any pictures of it i can save then i'll put it on the wanted page.

This projectile may not be correct for the case. Sorry I can't give you a positive ID on it.

This projectile may not be correct for the case. Sorry I can't give you a positive ID on it.

arrr thats interesting,it could well have been dropped into the case hmmm
these are the approx dimentions:
heght of case 17cm (6 and 3/4 inch)

width at base 4.2cm

width at neck 3.1cm

projectile height without fuze:10cm

width at base :3cm

width at top across fuze thread:2.4cm

if that helps Hicky

thanks

p.s the projectile seems to have a space in the bottom maybe for tracer?

Last edited by a moderator:
18 cheers for dims
I`ll dig my one out & measure - I`m sure it is the same projectile in a Swiss made 30mm Hispano 831 case!

This is good news, that means you need to look for another case and projectile, I once bought a pistol with a holster, it turned out that it was the wrong holster, so I had to buy a holster for the pistol, and a pistol for the holster, a win/win situation
Best wishes
Gus

thanks hicky and gus,i always try to buy good condition stuff unless i'm restoring it so this is a bummer for me.

Nice if someone could tell me what fuze it had though:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Projectile

The projectile looks like a French 30 x 170 H.E. (possibly Incendiary Tracer).
I've got a similar one that is French with the same band.
Dave.

Attachments

• French 30 x 170 H.E. Incendiary Tracer.jpg
    French 30 x 170 H.E. Incendiary Tracer.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 23
Thanks alot sg500

hey,have you got an image of the fuze or know which one it is exactly?

thanks again:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

No I don't have any information on the specific fuze but good luck in finding one.
Dave.

thanks charlie.
i would really like to get an image of the fuze tip and type that would be fitted to mine so i can buy one.

I'm off work at the moment in alot of pain with bloody kidney stones but off my head on codeine so ive got plenty of time to drool over bocn!

thanks friend

Good luck with the Kidney Stones mate I had them about 4 years back but ended up having them blasted with a Laser from the inside via my Kazoo...sorted them out for once & for all, 3 days in Hospital & a yearly check up but worth it.
Codeine didn't work too well for me so I was on Oral Morphine for a while, if people have never had a Stone they don't realise the agony you can be in.

Good luck with the Kidney Stones mate I had them about 4 years back but ended up having them blasted with a Laser from the inside via my Kazoo...sorted them out for once & for all, 3 days in Hospital & a yearly check up but worth it.
Codeine didn't work too well for me so I was on Oral Morphine for a while, if people have never had a Stone they don't realise the agony you can be in.

this is the 3 rd lot ive had now and its not nice.
theres no pain like it i know.

i can see me in A and E soon with the old morphine then i'll be happy

thanks for the kind words ......................OWWWWWWEEEE:sad: