What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eihandgranate 39

1944kam21

hi ,look at this grenade ,new in my collection

Attachments

• 851523362.jpg
    851523362.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 851523362_1.jpg
    851523362_1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 71
Very nice m39 egg 1944kam21. That is one on my want list. Nice condition too. Why on some 39 eggs do the wings poind down and some point up? Dano

Very nice m39 egg 1944kam21. That is one on my want list. Nice condition too. Why on some 39 eggs do the wings poind down and some point up? Dano

sorry to butt in

i think its because the shield piece is a seperate part,and probly get put back together incorrectly

Dano,ive seen a decent looking one on dugup.co.uk that wouldnt take much restoring .

All the best

+++

These fuzes later during the war were intended for use with stick grenade mod. 1943 too; so the wings there were turned up.

These fuzes later during the war were intended for use with stick grenade mod. 1943 too; so the wings there were turned up.

hi grena

shouldnt these ''wings'' be up all the time to protect the fuze from being pulled accidently-thats what i thought they were for

regards

The wings are there to enbale the fuse to be screwed into the grenade. same on both M39 eier and Stielhandgranate M43, Regards nick

The wings are there to enbale the fuse to be screwed into the grenade. same on both M39 eier and Stielhandgranate M43, Regards nick

hello mateyou are right,
also there is two diffrent designs to this nut,one is based on a square nut and the other is rounded like a wing-nut.

Up or down?

There doesnt seem to be any evidence this was a purposefull design,maybe just a ''quirk''.

Ive seen eggs with wings up and down of the same mk.

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys ,wings up ,wings down...it doesent matter ,BZ still working :) What for thise wings were for ,any idea ?

regards tomek

Good point Nick. Also for help on unscrew the top cap. But not all the wings can go up or down. They have their own way depending of center shape.

M39 Bz.E39

Dano:

I think there were three(3) versions of the Bz.E39 fuse:

1. with no wing nut
2. with turned up wing nut
3. with turned down wing nut

There was a post war(East German, etc.) turned very
up wing nut and the top colored cap had a flat spot
rather than the fully rounded type the German WWII
had.

Ron B

Thanks for photo of Handgranate 43 Grenadier!
:)
Eugene.

p.s. check your mailbox.. later will a more info from Boris...

hi ,look at this grenade ,new in my collection

Hi Tomek, very nice grenade you have added to your collection, I like it!

I have collected a couple also. I have seen 4 different types of BZE, wing up, wing down, square nut, hex nut. Although there are 2 different types of up wings I have found. They are made and shaped different.

Here look..... pics of my grenades in collection so far that use the BZE-39 fuze.

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• PC230009.jpg
    PC230009.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 44
  • PC230001.jpg
    PC230001.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 34
  • PC230005.jpg
    PC230005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • PC230006.jpg
    PC230006.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PC230007.jpg
    PC230007.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 25
Dano:

I think there were three(3) versions of the Bz.E39 fuse:

1. with no wing nut
2. with turned up wing nut
3. with turned down wing nut

There was a post war(East German, etc.) turned very
up wing nut and the top colored cap had a flat spot
rather than the fully rounded type the German WWII
had.

Ron B

Hi Ron, I have seen at least 5 types WW2 German BZE wings.

Also, you may be taliking about the post war Czech fuses? They have usually a yellow cap with a flat spot on top. The wings look similar to the one German WW2 type I posted a minute ago. Also the post war Czech fuzes are made of aluminum, not steel like German WW2. (wings) I have seen sellers calling them, or trying to pass them off as WW2 era fuzes.

Regards, Steve