Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Great pics and video. I believe the optic sight that would have gone with it is the 45mm version of the Russian ПП-1 optical sight..not sure if any iron sight attachment was issued. It fits right onto the horizontal tube extension that is just below the shield window and perched atop the arched arm assembly on the left hand side of the carriage.

Thanks
    I'll keep an eye out for one of those, though I expect it will not be an easy thing to find. The original sight is long gone. Probably from the same MG that ruined the original shield.

As for cleaning the gun, it's not my job and that's good enough!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for one of those, though I expect it will not be an easy thing to find. The original sight is long gone. Probably from the same MG that ruined the original shield.

Yeah, they're pretty tough to find the wartime marked/dated examples, but some of the later ones (late 40s/early 50s) are floating around sometimes. I have pictures, copies of manuals of these examples if you need, let me know.

The sight has a series of worm screw mechanisms on back and front for adjusting the graticule scale for elevation, range and deflection which would cause the sight picture to raise, lower, side, etc., then you operate your carriage trunnion wheels to bring the graticule in the sight picture back on the target you select, assuming you had it zeroed/calibrated correctly beforehand.
    Last edited by mlespaul; 4th June 2008 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    It was heavily influenced by the Pak37 and shares many of the features, like a folding shield to lower the profile. A curious difference is that the breech action moves vertical on the Russian gun and horizontal on the Pak37.

Great Thread Merlin ! That Vertical Breech reminds me of my Australian 2Pdr ..same action . at least --it use to be . I had to re-weld the Breech to make sure it would never move again. Wish there was a way I could have rigged mine to fire Blanks as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12