What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkish #2 Infantry grenade fuse

Gustaf

I finally managed to get a few Turkish grenade fuse fittings made, here is a photo showing the finished product. I did not have the machinest put the knurling around the base of the fuse, like Craig did, as the photo from the IWM was smooth, I am going to try a few different methods of ageing, but I thought the finished product was rather nice. I will have a few spares, but do not know yet how much I have into them until I get the bill from the machine shop.
Nogales001.jpg

The fuse fits my grenade a bit cocked, but that is due to poor threads on my grenade.
Best wishes
Gus

Hello

One other picture perharps with the original fuze.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 113
Hello

One other picture perharps with the original fuze.

Yes, Pascal,
This is the photo that I used to get measurements for the reproduction, the one in the photo is in the IWM from what I have been told.

Hey Jhonni,
The person who sold this to me,, found it in an antique shop, the dealer thought it was part of an old oil lamp (perhaps he thought that if he rubbed it, a geine would come out)
Best wishes
Gus

turkish grenade

I finally managed to get a few Turkish grenade fuse fittings made, here is a photo showing the finished product. I did not have the machinest put the knurling around the base of the fuse, like Craig did, as the photo from the IWM was smooth, I am going to try a few different methods of ageing, but I thought the finished product was rather nice. I will have a few spares, but do not know yet how much I have into them until I get the bill from the machine shop.
Nogales001.jpg

The fuse fits my grenade a bit cocked, but that is due to poor threads on my grenade.
Best wishes
Gus

hi gustaf i have the same turkish grenade but without the writting & fuse it was found on the isle of lewis i am just wondering if you new any more info about the grenade i would be gratefull many thanks

Attachments

• grenade 002.jpg
    grenade 002.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 36
  • grenade 001.jpg
    grenade 001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi Guy's,

I got a good pic of a Turk #2 with fuse - see attached.

Attachments

• Turkish No 2 Hand Grenade 150 #5 WW1.jpg
    Turkish No 2 Hand Grenade 150 #5 WW1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
hello
i hope you dont mind me asking if you ever did get the bill
as i have the same grenade and i am looking for a inert fuse repro or real to put in it,
peter in the uk

I dont think you will get a reply from Gustaf as the last time he signed in on site was 2012