Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    U.S. butterfly wings
    Just because I'm ignorant on the subject, I have recently seen a set of butterfly wings in good shape at a gunshow, no bomb or fuze just the wing and they were marked wit a T# that I dont rember. Any way to the point the fella wanted $60.00 for them was that a good price?
    A snip at $60.00 I'd say, probably much rarer this side of the pond though. I'd snap his hand off at that price!!
    regards
    Kev

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    Sorry about the mistype. The fuze I have is a T49E1, early version of the M131 fuze as Steve mentioned earlier and is listed on the documents I attached.
    No worries HAZORD. Thats a very nice fuze you have - direct copy of the German 70B I beleive!! anti-disturbance.
    regards
    Kev

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    A snip at $60.00 I'd say, probably much rarer this side of the pond though. I'd snap his hand off at that price!!
    regards
    Kev
    I'd agree with Kev on that, $60 really is very good indeed.
    Kev you've started a great thread here - you keep asking all the questions I was going to ask, keep going with the questions!
    Oh and thanks for all the answers guys, good stuff.
    Dave.

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    Butterfly your timing is a little off, I'm just finishing packing to return to the NL. Someplace I have some photos of very early M83s and fuzes from Picatinny with dates and lot numbers, you will have to remind me later this weekend.
    US-Subs - you asked to be reminded of this post, any joy with the early M83 pics?
    regards
    Kev

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 1,164 Posts
    Ummmmmm, now that I'm reminded - give me a bit.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    I may have spoken too soon - having the photos is one thing, finding them is another. So far here is one of the bomblet, thought it was dated, but afraid not. It is interesting though, that both designations are used on the submunition.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (98.2 KB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (97.0 KB, 50 views)
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    OK Butterfly, I've found one set of the fuze photos, but damned if I can find any others. Saw them just before I went home.... I'll let you know if I trip across them. JO

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    I may have spoken too soon - having the photos is one thing, finding them is another. So far here is one of the bomblet, thought it was dated, but afraid not. It is interesting though, that both designations are used on the submunition.
    (No panic with things, don't fret if you can't find them, I was only reminding you because you asked me to. be good to see whenever.)

Very nice photos of an early M83, could you tell me what the colour scheme signifies? Is that typical of early M83's or is it for training purposes?

thanks for posting
    regards
    Kev

Thanks
    Not sure, it was in the storage area at the former Picatinny Arsenal Museum, they had no information on it.

Images
    Thanks

T 11 wings

Picked these up. They are Marked T11 and it looks like REX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast