What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belgian or French 47mm Projectile

RichardB

Premium Member
Please can someon help identify this. Ive had it in my collection for a while and mostly ignored it. I believe it has originated from the French EOD clearout.....something tells me it Belgian, but I have no idea why.

It is 47mm Dia and 185mm long excl fuse.
It appears to be dated 1935, but not certain as the paint is quite thick.

If anyone can identify it, can they go further and tell me where it was used, ie which gun, what sort of era. and any details on the correct case and fuse. (not sure the one present is correct)

47mm Projectile.jpg

Cheers, Rich

47mm Belgian

Hello
I think this shell is 4,7 cm ATK Explo. Belgian
anno 1935
but the fuse is not good (he is French)
It will be a RY G
t6cd9h.jpg

osu35w.jpg

i1jw2x.jpg

amicalement
Andr

Hi Andre,
You're spot on, thats definitely the projectile and I also have the C47 case to match.

Can you tell me any more about the fuse, its nomenclature and any pictures if you have any.

Thanks again
Rich

I have an APC type cutaway of this cartridge. Do you have info about the powder filler of this APC type? I suppose they are long strips of powder as used in the base of this HE cartridge, but much longer.
Thanks in advance , regards , DJH

Hi

All the shell found on german site (because this shell was used by german since ww2) are fitting with 24/31 Mle 15 like the fuze on the Picture.

Hi

All the shell found on german site (because this shell was used by german since ww2) are fitting with 24/31 Mle 15 like the fuze on the Picture.

Doctor, have you ever seen one of these fuzes with a german overstamp or waff mark?

BD

HI
One fuze found alone is stamped like this:
24/31Wz99/15kZ FA-39-36
Used for example on french 75 mm Mle 18