What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

247 Always fuze

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Could anybody tell be the best way too look after the Bakelite fuse, can you polish it with beeswax would that be ok, i have cleaned it using mild soapy water and was wondering what's the best way to preserve it.
Andy

Hi Could anybody tell be the best way too look after the Bakelite fuse, can you polish it with beeswax would that be ok, i have cleaned it using mild soapy water and was wondering what's the best way to preserve it.
Andy

Hi Andy,

With bakerlite I just clean with soapy water and dry off as you have done. It seems to stand the test of time quite well, unless you drop it then your in trouble!!
I would be intrested to know if anyone does any further treatment, its a good question you raised.

regards
Kev

Thanks Kev, Yes i would be interested in any hints on looking after Bakelite i have looked on line and there is several views on the subject but wondered if any one has first hand experience at it.
Cheers
Andy

bakelite

There are collectors of bakelite items like radios and stuff, have you tried searching their websites? 2pr

Ive found 247 fuzes field walking a local range and after a quick wash in hot water they look brand new. Bakelite must be weather proof, even after 60 odd years.
Paul.

Hi, yes i have looked at all the web sites regarding cleaning Bakelite but like Paul said a good wash in hot soapy water works wonders, you can polish it with all sorts of products but i will leave it as it is just clean and not slippery because you don't want to drop it.
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• 247 Fuze.jpg
    247 Fuze.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 26