What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 British message carrying rocket top

AndyD

A friend has this item in his collection and was wondering if anyone knew what the value of it would be?

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 241aa.jpg
    241aa.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 241a.jpg
    241a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 54
I wouldn't know what the value is, but it certainly is a very interesting item. I've never seen or heard of one before.
Great to see, thanks for posting

kind regards
Kev

Thanks for your reply Kev.

To be honest,I think it's going to be one of those items where the value is whatever someone is willing to pay!

If it's affordable I may buy it from my mate to have as a curiosity piece.

Cheers,
Andy

Very nice Andy, does the whistle work in it? They're quite noisy!!

I've seen 3 of them for sale over the last 10 years. The first one was 15 and I didn't buy it :tinysmile_cry_t4: The second one was 75 and I thought it was way too much, the third one got bought right under my nose 2 years ago for 40, I'd have gone for that. All were just the top bit like yours.
I'd have thought between 25 and 45 just for the top bit depending on condition.

Dave.

A photo of a complete rocket, plus a brief historical note, was included in the November 2009 issue of The Cartridge Researcher, ECRA's monthly bulletin.