What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2cm German cases

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Could any body tell me anything about these case all i know is that they are 2cm flak or cannon rounds, i got them from a good friend and would like to know a bit more about them and possible get projectiles for them the cases are copper washed steal.
thanks in advance
Andy

Attachments

• P1020766.jpg
    P1020766.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P1020767.jpg
    P1020767.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
2cm

These are the 2cm Solothurn cannon used in a variety of applications. They were used in the Flak 30 and Flak 38 AA cannons, the PzKw.I and II tanks, various armoured cars and also in the Solothurn S1800 series of anti-tank rifles.

Both cases were made by Hugo Schneider A.G., Werke Altenburg in 1940. The combination of Roman numbers and letters is the steel makers code, but I do not have the list to hand.

They came in the usual flavours of ball, AP, AP-T, HE etc., and in addition to Germany were used by the Italians, Hungarians and Finns amongst others.

...and just to be annoying, here I am firing one of the anti-tank rifles! Notice the ejected case in mid-air.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 20mmSolo.jpg
    20mmSolo.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 50
2cm ( 20x138/B) Flak 30/38 cases, used as Platzpatrone (blanks) loaded with a wooden projectile.
The FlaK 30 and FlaK 38 weapons were designed by Solothurn.

greetz,

Menno.

2cm

Yes, I should have added that in my post. The marks around the base of the case (known as the rille) indicate one re-loading as blank.

Regards
TonyE

Well thanks guys i never new they were blanks has anybody got a pic of a complete round or a drawing of the projectile, and TonyE that is what i call a gun.
Andy

2cm

i don't have one myself but I will see if I can find a picture of one in my files.

Cheers
TonyE

Thanks Tony that would be a geat help and then i will make a couple on the lathe.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Paul, thanks there are the kiddy's lets hope the ones Ben has got for me are the same.
Cheers
Andy