What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My collection

Caracal

Hello to all,

i will post regulary new pictures of my collection in my Gallery, i added the first 6 ones today.

Best regards

Hi Caracal,
Thanks for taking the time to post some pictures of your collection, you have some really nice things there a good start to any collection.
Best regards Weasel.

Fantastic condition, i love the original paint and stenciling on the 2cm minen rounds.
Best regards Weasel.

Fantastic condition, i love the original paint and stenciling on the 2cm minen rounds.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks! i put some of them on municion.org, here is the one with the best stencils, i can make other picture closer if you want?

ZerlegerG.jpg

Thanks Caracal,
Thats a good picture to show up the stenciling. I could do with one or two like that myself.
Thanks again Weasel.

ok i will make 1 or 2 more pics closer tomorrow!

here is an old picture taken at the beginning of my collection, with all the belt links for each LW munition: MG 17, MG 131, MG 151/15, MG FF/M, MG151/20, Mk108 and Mk103

Attachments

• maillonslw8pr.jpg
    maillonslw8pr.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 250
Thanks Caracal,
Thats a really good shot. Have sent you a pm.
Best regards Weasel.

i like collecting Number5 MK1 mills bombs,
and Number 36 Mills bombs to ,
see attached images

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 44
  • NO 36 sn9293a.jpg
    NO 36 sn9293a.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 39
That's some nice stuff you have!

If I may ask, where did you get the German 13mm and 15mm cartridges? I have been trying to find some for my collection, but they tend to sell out rather quickly.

Hello to everyone,
Glad to be on-board, I have a small field of interest which is RARDEN 30mm, I look forward to all future posts.

Hello to everyone,
Glad to be on-board, I have a small field of interest which is RARDEN 30mm, I look forward to all future posts.

Hi there I think you accidentally hijacked someone else's thread about their collection but welcome aboard anyway.
RARDEN 30mm is a favorite of mine also, look forward to seeing some of your photos :)
Dave.

Nice collection. I like the link + cartridge pic. I learnt from your photo that the MGFF/M were used in Link. I always believed that they were only fed from drum magazines...something else for the "Wants' list.

I always believed that they were only fed from drum magazines...

Only Night fighters use the MG FF/M with belt feeding.....used with the "GZ-1" elektrisch angetriebener Gurtzuführer (electrically driven belt feeding).
Here for example out from a tech manual for the DO217J Night Fighter.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_21.jpg
    Zuschneiden_21.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 21
Interestingly, the Imperial Japanese Navy air force also used Oerlikon-pattern 20mm cannon: the Type 99-1 (Oerlikon FF in 20x72RB) and the Type 99-2 (Oerlikon FFL in 20x101RB), and late in the war they developed gun-driven belt feeds for both. The Oerlikon FF was used as the basis for the German MG-FF, which used ammo with the same overall length even though the case was longer at 80mm. Presumably, the IJN belt-feed system would have worked with the MG-FF, but AFAIK this was never tried. Even if it was considered, it was probably thought to be not worth the bother, as the MG-FF had largely been replaced by the much superior MG 151/20 by then.