What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millsman... Many Thanks!

staples57

BOCN Supporter
Thanks John!!

What a treat... the postman brought me a half a Mills today! Millsman was kind enough to part with the top half of an early No. 5 Mills.

Many Thanks!

Thanks Brad. The gift was a pleasure. You are a great collector and pal. We just have to figure out how it took 4 months in the post to get to you!!

Cheers

John

135 days

I have a package enroute from England, and today is the 135th day since I paid for it and it is still not here. I bought it to complement another piece in my collection. I am so disgusted that I traded off the piece I had to put with it. So if and when it does show guess i'll have another trader. Surface mail sucks the royal root.....Dano

Hi Dano

After Brad told me the half Mills had at last arrived I asked my local main Post Office what was the expected time for surface mail to get from the UK to the US or Canada. The answer was 6-7 weeks. I'd like to know where this stuff gets stuck?

John

Hi Dano

After Brad told me the half Mills had at last arrived I asked my local main Post Office what was the expected time for surface mail to get from the UK to the US or Canada. The answer was 6-7 weeks. I'd like to know where this stuff gets stuck?

John
John, 6 -7 weeks was about the normal surface mail time until that postal strike hit, and what i'm guessing is the "El Nino" effect is still affecting the postal service. I have also heard that the mail boat is a 13 foot skiff with a 7 1/2 horsepower Johnson engine for power. Seriously, I have ordered stuff since and the 6 - 7 week rule seems to be back and I truly believe my package just got lost. I joke about, bitch about it but all in all this is the only incident of trouble i've had in international post. So not a bad track record...Dano

Think positively Dan, your package is still on it's way!

Four and a half months... All that means is that the carrier pigeon (or waskily wabbit) took a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

Here's a tip (it always works for me)...
Send the seller an email and let them know that you item hasn't arrived yet. Also tell them that you'll let them know as soon as it does arrive.
The day after you send the email, you'll receive your package!

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks for the positive input Brad my friend. I think it will come, no doubt. Thing is I wonder when? I am normally patient as the next guy but after this lapse of time it makes me wonder. Well i'm off to email seller and brew a pot of crows foot stew, then it is off to community service for sodomizing the mail lady...Dano

It's a pleasure to help. I'm sorry you guys are so far away. I'd love to have beer with you both!

John

BLIMEY DAN !
It finally arrived then!:marchmellow::elefant::cheers::beer:
paul.
No Paul, It was not the package that I have been waiting 139 days for (but who's counting). That seller (whom I have bought multiple items from) told me in so many words "better luck next time". No this was the guts for an m1915 discus that when I advertised I needed some, John was nice enough to step up and let me know he had what I needed, and 10 days later I have the pkg. This is why I asked you to post up your sectioned 1915 discus as I am going to take a "try" at sectioning. The package you are referring to, I have given up for dead....Regards..Dano

No Paul its a different parcel. I posted this one about 10 days ago.

John
Yes, absolutely different parcel. Sorry John, as I piggybacked on this thread to cut down on new threads and didn't realize what was on it. Sorry buddy. Dano

Last edited: