Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Thanks

Hollywoodization

I think I know exactly what you mean John. Even when a picture is "based on a true story" you can bet it has been "Hollywoodized" in one form or another. I think that's one of the things I liked about Inglorious Basterds, the fact that the story was totally bogus and there was no guess work to figure what was fact and what was fiction. I mean crushing the 3rd reich in one fell swoop, anyway it made for interesting entertainment (to me anyway)...Dano

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking my comments so well Dano. I thought I'd get my head bitten off! Seriously though, Hollywood playing fast and loose with history over the years has caused a lot of offence. I think we take a cynical view of it now. Mind you Kevin Costner did make a good Robin Hood film..

John

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    I have been trying to look at it for 3 times now but fall a sleep so it must be rubbish.
    Regards Madbomber

All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of by EOD.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I think Gspragge said it all.
    Now, The "Hurt locker" was a different story. It was actually painful to watch and I could not escape because I rode with a friend. I was stripped of 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. The fact that it is up for any award other than the razzie's is numbing............oh well, Pat

Thanks
    Guys, it's ENTERAINMENT not a documenatry.
    If you want authenticity watch the History or Military channels.
    I personally think QT's movies are the best because he's a twisted individual and I like that. I find that most people that don't like his movies just don't understand that or just can't follow them.
    As far as the baseball bat scene, well the Germans did far worse to people and with my ancestors coming from Poland I almost stood up and cheered in the theater. (Sorry if this offends any of our members)
    I loved the movie and I also own the dvd which is something I don't usually do. Same thing with The Hurt Locker. E N T E R T A I N M E N T.
    Last edited by Jolly Green; 19th February 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Green View Post
    Guys, it's ENTERAINMENT not a documenatry.
    If you want authenticity watch the History or Military channels.
    I personally think QT's movies are the best because he's a twisted individual and I like that. I find that most people that don't like his movies just don't understand that or just can't follow them.
    As far as the baseball bat scene, well the Germans did far worse to people and with my ancestors coming from Poland I almost stood up and cheered in the theater. (Sorry if this offends any of our members)
    I loved the movie and I also own the dvd which is something I don't usually do. Same thing with The Hurt Locker. E N T E R T A I N M E N T.

Regarding the 'scene',i could have understood it better if it was a badass SS man getting the bat... Just didnt like it as he was a regular NCO defending his men. Mind you i likes the way he looked at the tosser with the bat and said "I got this cross for bravery".

Its just a film,i know i know..!!

best

waff

Tarantino films?? Dusk 'til Dawn still a good one!

W

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    As JG says, they are just films with no sence of accuracy and of only entertainment value. I think QT is a great director for his unusual way of doing it. His ability of putting the right music to the film in my view is great. Damned good spoofs i say, albeit a tad violent.

Andy

Images
    Thanks
    Did anyone see Tom and Jerry on the cartoon channel last night? Fantastic stuff. More violence than any tarantino film.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thats very tue Paul, Tom and Jerry is a very violent cartoon but at least its not so graphic as some of QTs movies and both Tom and Jerry always survive.....somehow.

Andy

Thanks
    The Roadrunner and Coyote with the Acme line of ordnance. Beep beep...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast