What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally saw Inglorious Basterds

Well IMO,Pulp Fiction will always be Tarantino's best work ever.
Inglorious was 'ok' i suppose?
The uniforms etc were second -to-none but i found the 'baseball bat scene' totally offensive.
I did not like the way how that character made a mockery of the german NCO's bravery and im sure if that scene involved a Brit or American soldier as the victim then there would have been an outcry..........trust me on that. :hmpf:

best

waff

Hello Waff.. 100% agrre with you,, it was a bit of unjustified violence, maybe a point blank round between the peepers would have been more subtle,,good film but that partwith the B/Bat took the edge of it for me,

regards nick,,

Pretty damned good movie, far fetched and totally re-writes the history books. I found the movie both entertaining and amusing, which really surprised me because I think that Quentin Tarentino generally sucks as a director. Inglorious Basterds and Pulp Fiction are the only 2 films he directed that I think are any good at all. I live in a one horse 1 video store town and it took this long to get it to rent! 1 1/2 thumbs up....Dano

Hi Dano

Sure historicaly , Film so good as SpongeBob or [ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/539894/oggy_and_the_cockroaches/"]Oggy And The Cockroaches[/ame]

612~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters.jpg

24780623_1210575476_18969117_oggy2.gif

:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Gratuitous violence is nothing new and makes up a lot of what we call entertainment. But when a director aligns himself with actual historic events and real people and then bastardizes the truth, Im afraid he devalues his efforts in my eyes. 2 out 10 from me. :aetsch:

I know one thing, I am glad that Tarrentino did not direct Forrest Gump! I might add that after watching Pulp Fiction again that films saving grace was the great actors. I will still say I liked Inglorious Basterds from the view of being entertained. I realize it walks all over history, but Tarrentino has no rules as you know...Dano

I, personally do not like any of Tarrentino' movies. Although Inglorius Bastards was good, I just kept thinking he is directing this movie. I personnaly give it a 2.5 of 10.

My all time favorite directors and have seen all of their movies happen to be Sam Peckinpah and Michael Mann. Tom Hanks's 'Band of Brother"s, and Saving Private Ryan were all good. Now I cannot sit in my seat any longer until March when Tom Hanks releases the "Pacific" version of BOB.

I know one thing, I am glad that Tarrentino did not direct Forrest Gump! I might add that after watching Pulp Fiction again that films saving grace was the great actors. I will still say I liked Inglorious Basterds from the view of being entertained. I realize it walks all over history, but Tarrentino has no rules as you know...Dano

Hi Dano

it was only a joke:tinysmile_classes_t

i have not seen the film

regards

inglorious Basterds

Good thread.
Film was "OK" but won't be watching it again... sorry Dano...

Talking of war films, has anyone else picked up on the Dam Busters remake that is under production? Directed by Peter Jackson (lord of the rings fame).
They have had 10 fullsize lancaster bombers built in China. Google it and you'll find pics. Looks amazing.
Sounds like it will be faithful historically but they are having problems finding a "politically correct" name for Guy Gibsons dog....:tinysmile_twink_t2:

All the best
T42

Thats very tue Paul, Tom and Jerry is a very violent cartoon but at least its not so graphic as some of QTs movies and both Tom and Jerry always survive.....somehow.

Andy
I loved Tom and Jerry when I was a little. I'm surprised it isn't banned in todays ultra-PC world. If someone said today that they wanted to make a cartoon for children featuring animals attacking each other with knives, axes, TNT etc., they would almost certainly be sectioned.