What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank Museums

RichardB

Premium Member
For those of you interested in Tank Museums, Im slowly posting fairly high quality pictures Ive taken at Bovington and Saumur Tank Museum. I've not yet been to Kubinka or Munster, but will be doing to over the next couple of years.

The pictures are in the Gallery, under my name.
I have pictures of pretty much every vehicle there, so yell if its one you don't already have

Rich

http://www.mishalov.com/littlefield-6jan07/

The German Panther is near completion after 5 years of work (see photo). It was pulled from a bog in Poland and transported to the US for restoration. As a side note, his collection also includes a propeller from the RMS Lusitania.

Since Mr. Littlefield's passing, I'm not sure if his collection has been opened to the public.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 36
Yes, it was a year ago now, I believe. Sad to lose such a prominent figure in the AFV collecting world.

I know they were also restoring a Panther in parallel with the Wheatcroft Panther, and was nearing completion when Jacques passed away. It would be nice to know what'll happen to the collection and the restoration of the Panther.

As for the Wheatcroft Panther......fingers crossed it'll be ready enough to be at Bovington Tankfest on 26th June or Beltring on 21st July. And if the SDKFZ foundation Jagdpanther was there too, that would be awesome.