What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Tear Gas Grenades

Nice

Very nice collections. I only have a couple. I recently got a M25 but it was without a fuze or filler plug. If someone happens to know a place I could get a hold on those .. please let me know. Although it might just be easier to get a whole new grenade.

Joe

You are right Joe, because of the penetrating qualities of the powder the filling plugs are cemented in. I haven't seen one yet that you could open without the plug splitting. This means that two grenades have to be emptied for one set of plugs. Hard to come by.

Brunswick "Skitter"

Here is my M58, its pretty ratty, and a variant I've never found documentation on. It has a soft rubber skinned body.

Hello Jeff,

Old thread with some new information.

Your rubber skinned grenade is a US Commercial Item Manufactured by Brunswick Corporation Circa late 1960's and known as The "Skitter". Also the red colored fuze indicates a CN Riot Agent Loading. Attached is some further information.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Copy (2) of Skitter 2.jpg
    Copy (2) of Skitter 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Skitter 1.jpg
    Skitter 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Early US M25

Early US M25 CN Riot with first type fuze.

Attachments

• Early M25 007.jpg
    Early M25 007.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Early M25 005.jpg
    Early M25 005.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Copy of M25 Scan.jpg
    Copy of M25 Scan.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 26
Very nice. That is the second time I've seen the M25 photo in two days, earlier by someone hunting for one. What was your source document for the Brunswick piece? Mike, it is no good to say that you have two mint ones and then show no photos.

What was your source document for the Brunswick piece?

Hello Jeff,

From "Police Chemical Agents Manual" prepared by The International Association of Chiefs of Police Under DOJ - LEA Contract 68-37. No ISBN listed and I believe that it was first distributed by The IACP circa 1969-1970.

I was happy to locate The Early M25, as I have been looking for one since time began. Now have to find another one for Len!

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• PCA Manual.jpg
    PCA Manual.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Skitter 2.jpg
    Skitter 2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Skitter 3.jpg
    Skitter 3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Nice book, I'll add it to my list to search for.

Frank,

I know that book. When I was in Criminal Justice program at UA back in the very early 1980's. The that book was in their Library. I asked them to get a more modern version and they wouldn't. So I went and made copies of almost every page.

Also, is that your own copy?

Mark

Does anyone have a mini-grenade that was CS? It was Vietnam era, about the size of a 35-MM camera film canister. Almost like a mini-smoke pot?

Joe

Ordnance has posted some photos/info in the past, not sure where the post is.

As I'm too lazy or generally unable to search for old stuff, I'll just repost again......PICT0744.jpgPICT0742.jpg

Hope that helps Joe.

Rick

The - LWL - Marking on this example = US Army Limited War Laboratory.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• US Minis.jpg
    US Minis.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30