What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another M83

SG500

Premium Member
This one arrive today to add to the growing pile of butterfly's.
The wings are the early type that appear to have been copied directly from the German version.
For those really observant people the arming wire appears to be remade and is a little long so if anyone has a spare M83 arming wire please let me know.
All INERT and empty.
Thanks,
Dave.

Attachments

• New M 83 001.jpg
    New M 83 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
  • New M 83 002.jpg
    New M 83 002.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 34
  • New M 83 004.jpg
    New M 83 004.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 31
  • New M 83 005.jpg
    New M 83 005.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 29
  • New M 83 007.jpg
    New M 83 007.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33
  • New M 83 006.jpg
    New M 83 006.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 36
Hi Dave
Nice addition ive not seen an M83 practice/smoke model before, the arming wire should be 1 3Cm overall , or for us oldies 5 inches , the early M83 were a direct copy of the SD2 , which is apparent when the body is enclosed with the drouges, the whole thing rattles, because the M83 is 4 Lb and the SD2 2Kg (4.4) Lbs.

Hi Dave
Nice addition ive not seen an M83 practice/smoke model before, the arming wire should be 1 3Cm overall , or for us oldies 5 inches , the early M83 were a direct copy of the SD2 , which is apparent when the body is enclosed with the drouges, the whole thing rattles, because the M83 is 4 Lb and the SD2 2Kg (4.4) Lbs.

Thanks Steve, have you got any more info on the arming wires.
The one I got from you had a correct arming wire that corresponds to the measurements you give so I naturally thought the length of this one was wrong.........until Butterfly mentioned that the one he has on his practice M83 was similar in length. I'm sure the arming wire on mine is made up but could it have been made up to the correct longer length?
Dave.

Wow Dave,thats a bad-boy!

Does that odd gaine i got for you fit this nice bomblet?

best

waff

Hi Waff, thanks, no your gain doesn't fit, the ones on the American butterfly's are much larger diameter but its still good, I like odd things like that because sooner or later you find out they're for something really rare.
Dave