What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blasting Machines

BENHA ELECTRON INDUSTIES CO. (Egyptian company)
CATRON
Model 9920B

The rest of the text is instructions on use.

Last edited:
Hi Slick,

thank You very much - this will help already.
I will try to find some more information.

Best regards, Ralf

Here's an unknown non-military type - obviously used for mining - yes also attractive by shiny (ok dull now) brassy mechanisms (LOL)

I remember attempting to track down the Patent "F.9265" without much success..............

Any thoughts on what period it is from would be great!

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

I recently reached out to a Collector that I met approx. 20 years ago that collected blasting machines - he had some amazing units on display at a local Arms Fair back then (he had a collection of approx. 60-80).
Flick him the photos and he advised the following:

"I had a look at the pictures and it is a Schaffler's System blasting device. This is typical of many that were made for the US Army & Navy etc. They were made by companies like Atlas Powder co, Dupont, Hercules etc. At first, I would have guessed that it was American but the patent number doesn't appear to be American so it may be German. Most of the blasters of this design seem to be around the period - 1930's to 1960's and are military but they were sold and used commercially as well - most of the military ones I had, had offset handles."[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Cheers
Drew[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited: