What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National WW1 museum,united states in kansas city

vinnyw

The National WW1 museum in Kansas City is full of all kinds of ordanace,25 or so cannons,large mortars,shells and maybe 50 grenades,and even a torpedo,a large ship mine and several air drop bombs.Being a WW1 ordanace collector I was in hog heaven,I have been there several times and I always have a great time and see something new.Im especialy parcial to the flying pig,I would love to have one in my meger collection.
Im sure Europe has biger places,but here in the States it is hard to beat.
Vinny :tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Sadly, everytime I go through Kansas City, it is either in the late evening, or on Monday, when the museum is closed
Gus

Hi Vinny, Sounds pretty damned similar to Veterans War Memorial in St. Louis MO, right down to the torpedo. When I go there I never fail to spend at least a few hours there. There are to main very large rooms. In one room it covers from the beginning right through The Great War, and the other room from WWII up through Desert storm. The first room where I spend most of my time the WWI stuff is just awesome including an awesome spandeau machine gun and about 30 or 40 WWI grenades. I go there about twice a year and never fail to see things from a different perspective from the last. A few experimental US WWI helmets, some divisional insignea painted WWI US Brodies (post war painted in France) right down to some very fine grenade examples. A nice Hotchkiss gun and man the list judt goes on and on. Well worth a visit if in the St. Louis area....Dano

When you are there;

Say Hi to my old 7.7 96 field gun give it a pat, my Lanz and Old Model Light MW and Last but not least my old West Spring Gun, plus various other items. 50 grenades -- The have more than that a friend of mine just donated something like 115 ww1 types to them. Perhaps not all out yet. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Sadly, everytime I go through Kansas City, it is either in the late evening, or on Monday, when the museum is closed
Gus
Thats to bad,I have been several times but im a WW1 nut,one of my favorite things is the crater,you walk out from behind and are in the bottom of a realastic may 30 foot crater,with all kinds of broken and shatterd items,very muddy looking,its very humbelling you relize how guys spent all there energy trying to reach the top.Its worth the visit if you can make it.
Vinny
:tinysmile_grin_t:

Hi Vinny, Sounds pretty damned similar to Veterans War Memorial in St. Louis MO, right down to the torpedo. When I go there I never fail to spend at least a few hours there. There are to main very large rooms. In one room it covers from the beginning right through The Great War, and the other room from WWII up through Desert storm. The first room where I spend most of my time the WWI stuff is just awesome including an awesome spandeau machine gun and about 30 or 40 WWI grenades. I go there about twice a year and never fail to see things from a different perspective from the last. A few experimental US WWI helmets, some divisional insignea painted WWI US Brodies (post war painted in France) right down to some very fine grenade examples. A nice Hotchkiss gun and man the list judt goes on and on. Well worth a visit if in the St. Louis area....Dano
I have not been there but sounds great.You will love the WW1 national museum when you visit it,I could go on and on,its probably 2nd only to the smithsoian,which I have read has crates of stuff from all countrys.Great talking to ya.Damb I still have not called on that big mk2 yet.Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa:tinysmile_twink_t:
Vinny

Say Hi to my old 7.7 96 field gun give it a pat, my Lanz and Old Model Light MW and Last but not least my old West Spring Gun, plus various other items. 50 grenades -- The have more than that a friend of mine just donated something like 115 ww1 types to them. Perhaps not all out yet. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
WOW Im not hardly worthly,joke,I saw the 7.7 nice piece,they did not have the spring gun out at this time.Me and the future vistors and people that love this great country and its history Salute you.
Great job
Vinny:tinysmile_grin_t:

Hello again

Do you have a large ordanace web site,if so can I get it.My last computer crashed and I lost it.If you are not the person im thinking of sorry to have botherd you.
Vinny :tinysmile_classes_t