What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You snooze,you lose!

AndyD

Andysarmoury had a lovely 221 B fuze for sale on SA.
I contacted him with a haggle,he replied and I decided to think about it.

This morning after I had decided to bid,it was gone!

So let that be a lesson to everyone,if you see it,BUY IT THERE AND THEN!!

Cheers,
Andy

Isnt that just annoying!

Have to say isnt that just annoying when we do that! Did similar at Malvern last year over a 155mm shell. Ummed and aaaahed over it and while looking at some nearby stuff along came another guy and bought it. Grrrrrr! But hey that happens and i still dont know why we hesitate when we shouldnt.

I think all collectors have done that at one time!

I missed out on a 1916 dated (deactivated) Webley Mk. VI revolver when I debated the $325 asking price over a cup of coffee.

Oh Well...

Cheers,
Brad

I've blown off more stuff on gun broker and at one time e-bay and SA "assuming it would be there forever". Well as many of us have found out it just aint so. Dano

Have to say isnt that just annoying when we do that! Did similar at Malvern last year over a 155mm shell. Ummed and aaaahed over it and while looking at some nearby stuff along came another guy and bought it. Grrrrrr! But hey that happens and i still dont know why we hesitate when we shouldnt.

As my old pal Mick reckons....If you see something you like,then buy it! You can always sell it later.

best

waff

Ive lost a number of items during the "comunication" phase.Asking questions or requesting better photos. I think Id rather have all the info I need than end up with a piece of scrap I wouldnt be able to resell,unless I pulled the same" blurry photo slow to amswer" technique of selling something.

Its worked out for the better because Ive found that if I jump too fast,I end up regretting that more than waiting for another,better item to pop up.

I agree with you all, especially Lou.
If I don't have all the info I'd like I don't jump at it anymore. When I've jumped too fast I've usually regretted it. On the other hand, the stuff I've missed out on...
But wait! There's more!
Over the years I've tried in vain to obtain an inert AN-M14 Incendiary grenade. I even had a guy replicate one, he went out of business and sold it on me. Then out of nowhere comes Inertordnance and the absolute mint specimen in my avatar.
What a hobby!