What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blu 36

SG500

Premium Member
Well its not quite in the same league as some of the great looking cluster bombs that people have been showing over the last few days but here's the only one I've got, a BLU 36.
Dave.

Attachments

• BLU 36 003.jpg
    BLU 36 003.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 48
  • BLU 36 004.jpg
    BLU 36 004.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 48
  • BLU 36 001.jpg
    BLU 36 001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 37
  • BLU 36 002.jpg
    BLU 36 002.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 48
Very nice, quite a rare item to obtain.

Thanks, there were a few of these for sale when I got this about 10 years ago, don't see them much now, its always the same isn't it!
Dave.

Morning dave,,this is my example cut to show the internal frag pattern

Attachments

• DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 57
You've answered my question Spotter, I was seriously considering the hacksaw!!
Thanks,
Dave.

"its always the same isn't it!"

I was as lucky to obtain mine in one batch , including the fuzes. It was half the part of an order where one set was for the museum, the other half for my collection.

Before using the hacksaw.... the fuze is missing and it will be an incomplete cutaway model. I would suppose to remove the blue paint and replace it with olive green.

Attachments

• BLU.JPG
    BLU.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, its an odd one, there is green paint UNDER the glue, wonder if they used some spare bodies and then sprayed them blue........
Dave.

Thanks for the advice, its an odd one, there is green paint UNDER the glue, wonder if they used some spare bodies and then sprayed them blue........
Dave.

I think so. A curious and dangerous way of marking a "display present" that can lead to confusion if the BLU is offered loose from the display board.

i got one mounted exactly the same from whitwick aero jumble about 10 years ago

tomsk

Yes I remember there were quite a few came on the market about then on these display stands, wonder what the full story of them is.
Dave.