What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State and service pension

EODONE

Ordnance Approved
Please can somebody help when reaching 65 (Which we should all be lucky enough to achieve) Do you get the Old Age State Pension + your Service pension, I've been on may different web site and can't find an answer:tinysmile_cry_t3:

Hi bud,

that depends on whether you have contracted out out of the state pension or not.
My dad got both his state and service pension on reaching 65. The service pension has been passed onto my mum albeit at a 50 % reduced rate.
I suspect that you will not have contracted out and will recieve both pensions but perhaps a word with a financial advisor or even better, if you are a veteran, contact the Service Personnel & Veterans Agency who ime sure can help you. Their website is www.veterans-uk.info

Andy

I didn't contract out but didn't do 22 years. I will get my `preserved' pension when I reach age 60. If I die my wife will get 50% of my entitlement.

Hi EODONE

I did 22 years in the RAF (1959-83 incl boy's service), coming out at 40. I can't remember the dates involved but I was contracted out for some of that time. I am now 66 and get my full service pension plus a full OAP. If you'd like to send me a PM I will pass on the phone number of a mate of mine who lives near you who has all of this information to hand.

Regards

Dave
aka eodda