What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show your 6 PR Rounds (WW1 & WW2)

Very nice, Dave - I am envious!

Some interesting details I came across recently: the Twin Six (6pr 10cwt) coast defence mounting was made with a low maximum elevation as its intended targets were light surface craft at close range. However, during the war the possibility of modifying the mounting to achieve a much higher elevation for AA use was considered, and this was done in some cases, at least. A mobile land mounting, plus a shipboard mounting, were also developed. Finally, at least one Twin Six was fitted with the barrels from the 6pr 6cwt AA gun, so would have used the same ammo.

When I got this I mistakenly thought it was a Swedish 57mm aircraft gun projectile, its not. thanks to a regular BOCN member who helped me identify it, apparently its Danish and was loaded into standard British 6pr7cwt cases.
I'd imagine the 6 tracers were quite bright when it was fired!
Dave.

IMG_6781.jpgIMG_6780.jpgIMG_6779.jpg