What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly trainer version

satan18

Another expected parcel from Germany arrived today with
my latest SD2.

Prety much the one that could have worked well is this not so cropped
version sporting a lot of original finish with niceley stamped paddles and
main charge.

One paddle rivit has been changed at some point but i do have period correct mild steel rivets to replace it.

Attachments

• BUTTERFLY TRAINER 001.jpg
    BUTTERFLY TRAINER 001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 57
  • BUTTERFLY TRAINER 004.jpg
    BUTTERFLY TRAINER 004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 43
  • BUTTERFLY TRAINER 002.jpg
    BUTTERFLY TRAINER 002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 56
  • BUTTERFLY TRAINER 005.jpg
    BUTTERFLY TRAINER 005.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 39
  • BUTTERFLY TRAINER 003.jpg
    BUTTERFLY TRAINER 003.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 40
Is that the one we were discusssing the other week Phil?

Verrrry nice stampings and those wings are just the wow factor! :p

Great acquisition. :)

best

waff

Last edited:
Nice one Phil,

The wings look in very good condition, and markings too on the body - nice pick up!!

Intresting to note the body is a SD2 A version, the cut-down wings were usually used with the SD2B bodies. So an unusual combination.

excellent pics thanks for posting

regards Kev

Nice one Phil,

The wings look in very good condition, and markings too on the body - nice pick up!!

Intresting to note the body is a SD2 A version, the cut-down wings were usually used with the SD2B bodies. So an unusual combination.

excellent pics thanks for posting

regards Kev
Nice One Kev

It is unusual as you say about the SD2A body but looking at the way the arming wire is attached to the body it is definately some kind of factory
blanking plug,and of light weight alloy aswell.

Best phil

Is that the one we were discusssing the oter week Phil?

Verrrry nice stampings and those wings are just the wow factor! :p

Great acquisition. :)

best

waff

Yes indeedo paul and i will be doing no more than changing the screw in the paddle for a rivet.

Expertly sent and packaged as ever which i am thankfull for:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Best Phil

photos for comparison...

Here are some pics of the same cut-down wing version that I have in my collection - for comparison.

It appears that when this version of the cut was done the lugs of the removed brake wings were filed smooth..... On all other versions the cut lugs remained as they were cut. Not sure why this was the case, still searching for answers!!!

regards Kev

HPIM5046.jpgHPIM5047.jpgHPIM5048.jpgHPIM5050.jpg

photos for comparison...

Here are some pics of the same cut-down wing version that I have in my collection - for comparison.

It appears that when this version of the cut was done the lugs of the removed brake wings were filed smooth..... On all other versions the cut lugs remained as they were cut. Not sure why this was the case, still searching for answers!!!

regards Kev

View attachment 29600View attachment 29601View attachment 29602View attachment 29603

An interesting comparison kev,
As i have the full drouge version with an identical SD2A blanked fuse body.
It seems that this one of mine has an earlier body but could be changed for a 41A type but they have both aged well so will leave it as a talking point.

They had a standardised cut pattern as yours is bang on.
Thanks for posting

Best phil

Phil,

I have seen at least two other pics of this type of wing cut, both identical to the ones we have, and with cut lugs removed and filed smooth. Definately an official cut but haven't seen any documents with reference to this version.

Without doubt this version would have worked very well.

Phil, what are the wing markings on your version, I can't make them out in the photos?

regards Kev

Phil,

I have seen at least two other pics of this type of wing cut, both identical to the ones we have, and with cut lugs removed and filed smooth. Definately an official cut but haven't seen any documents with reference to this version.

Without doubt this version would have worked very well.

Phil, what are the wing markings on your version, I can't make them out in the photos?

regards Kev

Hi Kev

They are 2cma Z41

Best phil