What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'bmv' twins....

waffenamt

Well,it seems i had a tad of luck this week as i got an email from the seller of that nice 17B i posted a while back.
On clearing the rest of the house,it seems the old boy who resided there had some more goodies tucked away!
The seller put these too one side after the others as he wanted the dust to settle after that last incident involving emails from other people...:hmmmm:

I got these type 17A's posted for 100. :) The seller was happy with the deal as he got them for nowt.

These two were made at the 'bmv' plant (Rheinmetall-Borsig).
Im thinking the black one maybe a re-paint at some point though?

Sorry for the naff pics as my macro setting has gone Kaput,so i will save up for a new digi-cam.
The clockcases come apart,have yet to investigate into the clocks themselves tomorrow.Also the top screws are shown in pen-oil.
All rounded off with the transport caps i got from Ben at Malvern. :)

Enjoy!

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006166.jpg
    S7006166.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 76
  • S7006167.jpg
    S7006167.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 79
  • S7006168.jpg
    S7006168.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 76
Well,it seems i had a tad of luck this week as i got an email from the seller of that nice 17B i posted a while back.
On clearing the rest of the house,it seems the old boy who resided there had some more goodies tucked away!
The seller put these too one side after the others as he wanted the dust to settle after that last incident involving emails from other people...:hmmmm:

I got these type 17A's posted for 100. :) The seller was happy with the deal as he got them for nowt.

These two were made at the 'bmv' plant (Rheinmetall-Borsig).
Im thinking the black one maybe a re-paint at some point though?

Sorry for the naff pics as my macro setting has gone Kaput,so i will save up for a new digi-cam.
The clockcases come apart,have yet to investigate into the clocks themselves tomorrow.Also the top screws are shown in pen-oil.
All rounded off with the transport caps i got from Ben at Malvern. :)

Enjoy!

best

waff

Amazing that they are still coming to light even now and the black one you say looks like a repaint? but there are still a few marks hear and there which makes me doubtfull if its been touched at all.

The ally one is a cracker and still sharp.

Nice purchase there mate

Best phil

In that case(pardon the pun! :p) its as original as it left the factory then. I reckon has been stored somewhere damp as there is corrosion present on the lower clock internal case and that was worrying me about it being a repaint?

Nice items there Paul :wink:

Cheers Jack :)

The seller does tell me ive cleared his stock out now!
I also just noticed my cats whiskers in the top left corner of the first shot! lol,he must have been having a sniff when i pressed the button.

Amazing that they are still coming to light even now and the black one you say looks like a repaint? but there are still a few marks hear and there which makes me doubtfull if its been touched at all.

The ally one is a cracker and still sharp.

Nice purchase there mate

Best phil

Forgot to mention that there maybe another surprise up and coming soon as a type 38 in lovely condition could be heading this way from a new source too.
Watch this space! ;)

best

waff

Last edited by a moderator: