What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG 357 bomblet

alpvogt

Ordnance approved
Does someone has a cutaway picture or drawing of the british SG 357 bomblet?

Attachments

• 3345.jpg
    3345.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 162
Hello Yodmaster
Haven't you got my message...??? I have receiced your document,thank you very much. Regards alpvogt

That is not a simple question. First, you are assuming that everyone that has access to the munition/cutaways has the same system of classification - I don't think I've ever seen a piece of ordnance that was even "NATO" classified, let alone a consistent system between more than 1-2 countries. This is the internet, and BOCN is very much an international forum. What may be classified in the US may not be in Germany, or the Czech Republic, etc. Also classification is generally a military thing. If a civilian member gets a piece of ordnance and decides to make a cutaway, where does that fall?

For those BOCN members who hold a security clearances from their workplaces it occasionally makes this forum a delicate place to walk, but that applies to them as individuals, not necessarily to the forum as a whole. So when you look at your question and the earlier posts in this thread, when were cutaways declassified by the Belgians, the Swiss, the US, the UK? For the US and the UK I might guess that TM 60 series internal diagrams are still classified, but have no way of confirming that. But even if they are, how does that translate to a cutaway munition?