What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PFM-1 air, Russian air delivered dispenser mine

Took some pictures of a stick of PFM practice mines and a KPOM-2 cassette with four sticks of mines

Attachments

• KPOM-2 met PFM-1 mijnen.jpg
    KPOM-2 met PFM-1 mijnen.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 32
  • Stick with PFM-1 practice mines fuze side.jpg
    Stick with PFM-1 practice mines fuze side.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Stick with PFM-1 practice mines hinge side.jpg
    Stick with PFM-1 practice mines hinge side.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 27
Added text and improved quality drawing with the self destruct stage included, 28-08-2023

If no one steps on the mine the arming pin (20) will be pushed upward by it’s spring (21) and piston (20). The chamber around the arming pin is filled with silicon grease that will be pushed from one side of the piston (20) to the other side through an appr. 0,05mm hole in the flange of the piston. This forms the delay.

As the arming pin moves upward (20) it will push the detonator (17), the firing cap housing (15) with the firing cap (16), the firing pin housing (10) with the firing pin (11) and spring (12) forward until the steel ball (13) falls over the edge of the collar bush (14), activating self-destruction by releasing the firing pin.

Of course it does matter for self-destruction time if the PFM-1S lays in the hot desert with the silicon grease becoming more viscos than if the same mine is placed in cold snow where the silicon grease will become less viscos (thicker).

Attachments

• WGMS-572 fuze.jpg
    WGMS-572 fuze.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 16