What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.5 or No.23 grenade ashtray repair...

Finished?

Hi all
Finally finished.
Went for the worn look. Used Humbrol maskol on the areas that would wear down over the years. On with the shellac mix and once dried peeled off the maskol.
Used a small brush to suggest where the red and pink band would have been. The pink looks more pink in real life than the pictures show.
Brass filler plug and striker arrived from Dugup today(thanks guys)
Still missing base plug...hope my mate finds the spare he says he has.
Finally, a WW1 mills on the shelf!

All the best
T42

Attachments

• No5 finished1.jpg
    No5 finished1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 68
  • No 5 finished2.jpg
    No 5 finished2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 65
Well, i'm lost for words. Must be one of the best restoration jobs ive come across. 10/10 What is your next project?
Hangarman

No.5

Thanks guys
Came out nice but a real restoration job has to be MG34NZ's no.19. Now THATS nice work!
Andy, i give my mate a couple more weeks and if he still hasn't found it i'll be intouch...

All the best
and thanks again

T42

Thanks guys
Came out nice but a real restoration job has to be MG34NZ's no.19. Now THATS nice work!
Andy, i give my mate a couple more weeks and if he still hasn't found it i'll be intouch...

All the best
and thanks again

T42

T42 Thank you for the compliment but I have to say that your job is superb and please dont underrate your workmanship.The No5 was every bit as challenging as the job I did on the No19 and every bit as satisfying when the finished article is completed ;-) WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS on a Job well done
I will add a bit more to the No19 post soon as I have another couple of No19s to restore that present some extra challenges not faced with the first effort.
Im looking forward to your next restoration job !

Regards
MG34NZ

Excellent craftsmanship. The aging is very convincing. This is a sign of a true artisan.

Enjoy it on your shelf for many happy years.

Regards

Love the finish you achieved T42, what a fantastic piece of restoration. Great to see the progress throughout, thanks for showing

regards Kev