What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blitz Street

was the fuze that was drilled through before being removed with the crabtree a good collectors example? It seems a bit of a waste to drill through it.

There is not much left for next weeks V2 simulation to destroy even with the reduction in charge size for the V1 test, amazing the effect it still had with only 1/7th of the weight.

The fuze collection and crabtree was and still is the property of Fuzeman, we borrowed them for the show. Thanks Fuzeman for trusting me with them, now safely returned. I hope they do show your collection in the last program.

I suspect they will show one of our ranges at Goswick Sands where we blew a few 500lb british bombs, still being found on the range by official staff and possibly our training flight at Luffenham.

Hi John
I would trust you with my life as well as my fuzes,all were returned undrilled thankfully
Steve

It was a shame they didn't spend more time on the incendiary bombs. In my opinion they went over the topic very quickly and missed all the interesting development about the tile breaker modification and the delay explosive types.

I also thought that the presenters gave the impression to the viewer that the incendiary could be easily extinguished with a simple stirrup pump. Yes it was effective but took time and some amount of water.

PC