Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wichita,ks U.S.A.
    Posts
    443
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    WW1 national museum ,in kansas city

    More pictures
    Vinny
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wichita,ks U.S.A.
    Posts
    443
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    WW1 museum stuff

    Here is some more.
    Vinny
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    548
    Images
    18
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 85 Times in 31 Posts
    Thanks for photos Vinny. Looks like a great museum.
    Richard

  4. #4
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ontario / Canada
    Posts
    2,410
    Images
    43
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 946 Times in 470 Posts

    I see my old German 77 there ~

    I offered them my Albrect mortar barrel free but they couldn't afford the transportation. All they need is somebody visiting my are with a van ~

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois U.S.
    Posts
    4,025
    Images
    65
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
    Looks like an awesome place to visit Vinny. I'm about 240 miles from KC. Is it opened on the weekends? Dano

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wichita,ks U.S.A.
    Posts
    443
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dano1917 View Post
    Looks like an awesome place to visit Vinny. I'm about 240 miles from KC. Is it opened on the weekends? Dano
    Yes,how are you doing.
    Vinny

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    840
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 194 Times in 156 Posts
    I would like to check it out. I donated my collection of 119 WW1 grenades to them. They apprciated it and I appreciated the tax donation and the knowledge the collection will not create problems for others if the laws suddenly change.The hundred year anniversary of WW1 is coming in 4 years.I hope it will remind people of the terrible leap of technology and the horror and bloodshed of millions of men.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wichita,ks U.S.A.
    Posts
    443
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandotter View Post
    I would like to check it out. I donated my collection of 119 WW1 grenades to them. They apprciated it and I appreciated the tax donation and the knowledge the collection will not create problems for others if the laws suddenly change.The hundred year anniversary of WW1 is coming in 4 years.I hope it will remind people of the terrible leap of technology and the horror and bloodshed of millions of men.
    Right on to that.I had a great uncle that help my Father grow up that was in the great war,I always looked up to him,the gas in his lungs finnally kill him in the early 1960,s.
    Did you just give them the grenades,the reason I ask is I know a collector that is on the board that just told me that they were given a collection of grenades that had about 200 in it,I was going to see if they needed help inentifing them,but he said they all had a good description.Thanks for your interest.
    Vinny

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wichita,ks U.S.A.
    Posts
    443
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gspragge View Post
    I offered them my Albrect mortar barrel free but they couldn't afford the transportation. All they need is somebody visiting my are with a van ~
    That is a sad fact some times with museums,I have worked at 2 of them. and can tell you they all do not have unlimeted funds,Dam it I would love to have seen that.
    Vinny

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top