What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a New Collection -Any Suggestions or Advice?

JustinF

Hi,

I have gone off on an a new collecting tangent.... watching the mini-series Danger UXB has set me off collecting German WW2 bomb fuzes. I have kicked the collection off with a El.AZ (25) D.

I was wondering if anyone had any general advice for common ones to watch out for and the approximate values, im guessing that the anti-disturbance ones (ZusZ 40 ect) go for a premium!

My main point of referance has been German Airdropped Weapons to 1945 by W Fleischer, if there are any other availible sources I would welcome the suggestions.

Thanks

Justin

I would suggest you use the search feature here, and stat to read all the posts regarding the German bomb fuzes, as there are a lot of them.

Some time back, Fuzeman posted a list of fuzes with details on each. You should find that or write to him to get a copy of it. It is very comprehensive and will help you keep track of what to look for and what you have.

Justin, A definate nice area to branch off in. You certainly will have a lot of fellow collectors of these fuzes in this forum which should be of great help to you. Check the past threads on elaz fuzes and such and there is a literal wealth of information...Dano