What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army Museum Yemen

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Just returned from a work related trip to Sanna, the capital of Yemen.

Whilst there I managed to pay a visit to the Army museum in the city.

Although interesting, there wasn't a whole lot of ordnance on display.

The pictures aren't of great quality as we were told not to take photographs and then followed around by a guard the whole time.

If you happen to be passing through Yemen (Not likely I know), then it's worth a visit if you have a spare couple of hours.

Pete

P5057726.jpg - Unknown projectiles

P5057727.jpg - Unknown airdropped item

P5057730.jpg - Recoilless rifles

P5057732.jpg - Artillery pieces

P5057735.jpg - Aircraft mounted gun

Attachments

• P5057733.jpg
    P5057733.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 76
  • P5057734.jpg
    P5057734.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 73
Army Museum Yemen,

Hi Pete,Thanks for posting the pics,you did well to get them,there is some interesting stuff in that museum,pity you were guarded during your visit,could the "ball"turret be from a helicopter gunship?,during the 60s,I spent some time a little further south just over the border building an airstrip and I can recall seeing something like those recoiless weapons mounted on Landrovers,there was a gap in the windscreen for the muzzle to pass through and out over the bonnet,thanks again,
Mushkoor sediki,
Regards,Don,

Interesting stuff, Pete. I don't know why but I never think of such countries having relatively sophisticated and expensive weaponry, although I guess what was on display is fairly old now.

Yeah it was mostly old stuff.

They did have some amazing pictures of Hind gunships engaging targets with both cannon fire and rockets.
I took some pictures of them but the glass ruined it.

I'm in Serbia for the next 2 weeks, so will be on the hunt for some interesting pictures to post.

Pete