What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PzB39 Rig

PzB39

BOCA admin has just informed me that photos of
unaltered firearms are not permitted so they'll be
removing the three(3) actual pics of the weapon on
the site and, hopefully, leaving the one of the accessories.
Maybe there's another pic to remove also. Sorry guys . . .

Ron Berkeley USA

Thats a superb item...very nice indeed. Pleased I was able to view before the pics were removed.
Have you fired it?

Regards
MG34NZ

PzB39

Thats a superb item...very nice indeed. Pleased I was able to view before the pics were removed.
Have you fired it?

Regards
MG34NZ

You're the second member that's asked that question. You can view my response to him on this thread, but basically, original 318 rounds are not only rather scarce,
but very, very costly and reloads are hard to find so, no.

You're the second member that's asked that question. You can view my response to him on this thread, but basically, original 318 rounds are not only rather scarce,
but very, very costly and reloads are hard to find so, no.

I did manage to find the other question not long after posting mine :tinysmile_twink_t2:

I was curious as I have a Friend who has done a lot of shooting with the 13mm 1918 Mauser Anti Tank Rifle,using cast projectiles he made himself .Hes getting on in years now so the days of shooting the mighty Mauser are over but he still smiles like a naughty school boy when you get him on the subject

Regards
MG34NZ

Ron,

Well, I certainly enjoyed the images while they were up......beautiful rifle. I've had two of the GrB39s over the years but were never quite the same as the "real" AT rifle they came from.

Regarding shooting the PzB, I still have a beautifully made brass chamber adapter that allows the use of standard 7.9mm Mauser ammo in the rifle. Our friend Bob S. in Sacramento made up a few of these many years ago. It might be fun to give it a try and the chamber pressures on the rifle sure wouldn't tax it any.

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this here, but I still think the Site policy about firearms photos is a bit silly. If we can show images of live explosives because the poster is EOD trained and qualified, it seems logical that operational weapons images should be OK for those of us who live in parts of the world where it is perfectly legal. It's not like a couple of keystrokes on their computers won't get British subjects exposed to thousands of other real gun photos.

For me, it's all about the context of the discussion and I've never seen gun images abused here. The absurdly proportioned 318 cartridge is interesting to see and study, but more so when displayed with the rifle and accessories it was used with. I just prefer the whole picture to half of it.

Thanks again for the post Ron.

Rick

PzB39 photos. . . . .

Ron,

Well, I certainly enjoyed the images while they were up......beautiful rifle. I've had two of the GrB39s over the years but were never quite the same as the "real" AT rifle they came from.

Regarding shooting the PzB, I still have a beautifully made brass chamber adapter that allows the use of standard 7.9mm Mauser ammo in the rifle. Our friend Bob S. in Sacramento made up a few of these many years ago. It might be fun to give it a try and the
chamber pressures on the rifle sure wouldn't tax it any.

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this here, but I still think the Site policy about firearms photos is a bit silly. If we can show images of live explosives because the poster is EOD trained and qualified, it seems logical that operational weapons images should be OK for those of us who live in parts of the world where it is perfectly legal. It's not like a couple of keystrokes on their computers won't get British subjects exposed to thousands of other real gun photos.

For me, it's all about the context of the discussion and I've never seen gun images abused here. The absurdly proportioned 318 cartridge is interesting to see and study, but more so when displayed with the rifle and accessories it was used with. I just prefer the whole picture to half of it.

Thanks again for the post Ron.

Rick

Rick:

Evidently the 'no live firearms' photo rule was enacted
in 2009 which was after I joined this net and I, too,
think it's counter productive to the overall purpose of
what's this organization is all about. It's like you can
show the baby, but not the mother! Evidently it's okay
to show 'live' firearms in 'profiles' or 'collections', but
not in current threads . . . what's the rationale here??
Good, as always, hearing from you Rick . . . will be
visiting son #2 in Portland the first week of September.
Maybe we could get together for a few hours??
icon14.gif

Evidently it's okay
to show 'live' firearms in 'profiles' or 'collections', but
not in current threads . . . what's the rationale here??
icon14.gif

Is there maybe an answer to this question?

I have just looked at about 10 "members collections" and most happened to be from my country, the USA. Surely not all these guns shown were de-activated.

What is the difference between a thread and a members collection?
I got to see Ron's fine anti-tank rifle already, but now it is gone.
Sorry, but this does not make any sense to me.

Maybe if a bright orange plug in the muzzle it would be OK?

Regarding the last post and the questions raised , i can only refer you to the rules covering this issue already posted..
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/bocn-rules-guidelines-t53791.html
and add that while trying to look at and moderate if necessary the multitude of new posts every day it is rather difficult and time consuming as you can imagine to look back over all of the past posts that may possibly contain any " Live Firearms " and to act accordingly. Including contacting members by pm to confirm the status of such items before taking any action. If of course any posts are brought to my or any other moderators attention then they can be looked at.
I hope this answers your question,
spotter

Regarding the last post and the questions raised , i can only refer you to the rules covering this issue already posted..
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/bocn-rules-guidelines-t53791.html
and add that while trying to look at and moderate if necessary the multitude of new posts every day it is rather difficult and time consuming as you can imagine to look back over all of the past posts that may possibly contain any " Live Firearms " and to act accordingly. Including contacting members by pm to confirm the status of such items before taking any action. If of course any posts are brought to my or any other moderators attention then they can be looked at.
I hope this answers your question,
spotter

Hi Allan, Thank you, I fully understand your position and feelings about this, and respect the BOCN decisions and rules. No problems, I just wished to see the nice PzB39 again. :tinysmile_cry_t4:

Just want to “bump” this thread and ask if any have or has seen so blanks for this gun and caliber?

Cheers
Freaky

Hi Freaky, yes there are blanks for the 7.92x94, both training blanks and grenade launching blanks (for the GrB39). I shall dig out some photographs and send.
regards,
Peter

That's a great site.

Here are a couple of other variations. Sorry i can't help you with spares.
Peter.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 48
CIMG2897.jpgCIMG2896.jpgCIMG2899.jpg
Her is some of those i got in the mail today. They are found in a lake so they are a bitt pitted but with som cleaning they will be ok i think. I have identifyed them as grenade launcher cartridges. Not realy my area of interest so they might be tradable if anyone is intrested.

Cheers
Freaky