What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heaven 17a

Hi Phil,

Very nice collection of 17's you have there, well done mate!!

What were the dischargers used for? (was these used by armourers on returning aircraft with bombs, or by bomb disposal teams in Germany)

whatever very nice pieces, are they rare?

regards Kev

The Dischargers are fairly rare to get a working one but normally you can get them going.

Cheers Kev

Best phil

The Dischargers are fairly rare to get a working one but normally you can get them going.

Cheers Kev

Best phil

Ive had those 2 cracking ones in soak for over 6 months and only one has just started to budge! :cry:

best

waff

Last edited:
Ive had 2 cracking ones in soak for over 6 months and only one has just started to budge! :cry:

best

waff

Once you get the little springs free or part way then the whole lot tends to move,but beware as the springs can break which makes the discharger a bit sloppy.

Get an air line to it and blow some of the crud out:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Best phil

Good effort guys, very nice.
Dave.

Thanks Dave. :)
You know ,i think you are correct on swaps can bring some good items back.
Im letting some of my TR badges and cloth go shortly rather than tip more money into my fuze/bomb obsession. lol!

cheers

waff

Once you get the little springs free or part way then the whole lot tends to move,but beware as the springs can break which makes the discharger a bit sloppy.

Get an air line to it and blow some of the crud out:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Best phil

Thanks for the tip Phil.
The sods have been in that 'plus gas' stuff for ages too.I shall adapt one of my compressors at work to a fine nib and give it them a good blast.

best

waff

Here's a few photos of my humble German bomb fuze collection (excluding the SD 2 fuzes I have).
The aluminium Zus 40 has been on the forum before,it used to be in my collection, got traded out a year or so ago and is now back:tinysmile_grin_t:.
The other Zus 40 and the two 17 fuzes I picked up recently. The one 17 is particularly nice in that it can be wound up and ticks away for a couple of days.

All INERT etc.

Dave.

IMG_4022.jpgIMG_4023.jpgIMG_4024.jpgIMG_4025.jpgIMG_4026.jpgIMG_4027.jpgIMG_4028.jpgIMG_4029.jpgIMG_4031.jpg