What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuze 19A

2pounder

Premium Member
At the BOCN meet I got a 3pr shell, empty and inert, in need of tlc and restoration despite having enough projects and one shell at home but thats the way collecting goes. Like most things I get its thrown up more questions when I researched it, it should have a 19A fuze which looks like a 44 with internal differences but my 44 is way too big to fit. So the question is how big is the tapered thread on a 19A? and is it the same as a 44 but further down the taper? 2pr
PS. I now need 3 19As and two addaptors to complete 6 and 3pr rounds that were quite happy sitting on a shelf with empty fuze holes.

Unfortunately the no 19 fuzes are like hens teeth. You are correct that they are like the no 44 and 45 but all over smaller. Fraid I can't give you taper thread sizes either!

Best

BD