What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Brother is watching

StielGr

I'm starting to hear more stories about collectors getting a wee visit from the boys in blue:

http://www.thelocal.de/12199/20080530/

Another collector in Finland had all his stuff lifted also. Not related to this story but it was a big collection.

There can be no doubt that these type of forums are monitored. Always a easy hit for the police and gets them good stats as well.

Regards
SG

Interesting post SG,

Ive always suspected that the `5-0` are snooping in the forums around the world.
Like you say,its easy pickings than going out catching the thieving scumbags and gangs of chavs, etc.

cheers

waff

?

After reading the link in the above post i hope big brother is watching out for people like him. Why would any ligitamate collector be in possesion of 1 kg of explosives????!!!!!!.Tony.:smile:

Well put tigbrand..Myself i am more than happy to have this site monitored for public safety and security reasons

After reading the link in the above post i hope big brother is watching out for people like him. Why would any ligitamate collector be in possesion of 1 kg of explosives????!!!!!!.Tony.:smile:

It would depend on the nature of the explosive. If it was a block of semtex or a stick of dynamite then fair enough. It might have been part of a round or something similar. You would hope however that he knew what he he had in his collection and was aware of the content and make up of it and for safety reasons it was all safe.

Schmandra told the paper that police were not planning to prosecute most of the weapon owners. "From what we can tell, they are all collectors who got in touch online. But there is still a danger from these weapons. Someone could get a hold of them, or unused ammunition could be dangerous in the case of a house fire,"

It wasn't so much the owner of the Flak gun I was worried about, but bare in mind the collectors that may have bought from him thinking he was legit. Just having a link to him could mean losing your legal collection. Often the police lift first and ask questions later and meanwhile the EOD destroy it :tinysmile_cry_t4:.

I hope the Flak gun doesn't get destroyed.

Regards
SG