What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting 75mm Shell Flea Market Find!

MikeS0000

Went with the wife to the BIG
happy_small.gif
Open Air Flea Market this AM and while walking around this box caught my eye. Seller had all kinds of crap for sale in it and I figured he wouldn't want to sell it, but when I asked he said $15 and started throwing the stuff out. Then he left half in there...
question.gif

Anyhow, here it is. A slightly modified US Ordnance Box for 7rmm. Shells. Also a pic from the 1916 US Handbook for the 75mm. Gun. Should make a dandy bayonet storage box.

Best regards! Mike

Attachments

• 75mm-Box1.jpg
    75mm-Box1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 75mm-Box2.jpg
    75mm-Box2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 75mm-Box3.jpg
    75mm-Box3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 59
  • 75mm-Box4.jpg
    75mm-Box4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 58
Thanks Gentlemen!

Yes, I was pretty excited when I spotted it and even more surprised when he said he would sell it. The only thing missing are the two locking hinges on the 'front' side. From what I can tell it is a variation of the one in the drawing, as there is no evidence (extra screw or nail holes) that the slats on the top and bottom ever went in the long direction.

Now I just need 8 more set of 75 shells to complete it! :wink:

Best regards!
- Mike