What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extension cap for german bomb fuze.

waffenamt

Nice little extension cap used on the bigger german cases.

This one being a number 3. Has the usual number '56' waffenamt stamp but the bit i like is when you look at the underside..
I noticed markings in the rubber ring and on closer inspection,you can see that there was an ELAZ 25B that this was fitted too. :)
Im wondering if this was from an actual de-activated wartime bomb rather than it was displayed on a 25B as it must have taken quite some pressure to leave those marks on the rubber?

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7006368.jpg
    S7006368.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 33
  • S7006369.jpg
    S7006369.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 32
  • S7006370.jpg
    S7006370.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
  • S7006371.jpg
    S7006371.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 33
  • S7006372.jpg
    S7006372.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Nice little extension cap used on the bigger german cases.

This one being a number 3. Has the usual number '56' waffenamt stamp but the bit i like is when you look at the underside..
I noticed markings in the rubber ring and on closer inspection,you can see that there was an ELAZ 25B that this was fitted too. :)
Im wondering if this was from an actual de-activated wartime bomb rather than it was displayed on a 25B as it must have taken quite some pressure to leave those marks on the rubber?

cheers

waff
Any chance of a photo Waff?
Dave.

Got it, computer works like a snail!

My fault Dave. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Im still having a bit of trouble finding re-sized pics in my computer.
Dowloaded that 'Picasa' for free and its all fine and dandy but after ive resized the pics then all anarchy breaks loose!! :p
Anyways,should be ok now.

best

waff

Is that one you got from me Waff, if it is then it did come from a de-ack Bomb, i have also a fuse that has the scrape marks on that come from the same collection.

dave

Is that one you got from me Waff, if it is then it did come from a de-ack Bomb, i have also a fuse that has the scrape marks on that come from the same collection.

dave

Hi Dave
Thats a nice extension cap with a known bit of history:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Wafster would reply himself but his comps has gone bang so he says

Nice one and will catch up with you ASP. :tinysmile_classes_t

Best phil

Hi Dave
Thats a nice extension cap with a known bit of history:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Wafster would reply himself but his comps has gone bang so he says

Nice one and will catch up with you ASP. :tinysmile_classes_t

Best phil

Thanks Phil :)
modem kaput and will pop off again shortly.
Indeed dave it is the one from you! :)

cheers

waff

dave

Dave,any chance of a pic please.Would be nice if the fuze turns out the 25B that this extension cap was attached too! :tinysmile_classes_t

cheers

waff

Hi Waff, the fuse i have got with the scrape marks on did not go with that extension cap, the collection i brought that was in was about third hand so all the history was lost, the only thing i learnt about the collection was that it come from a British EOD guy who was based in the UK during the War and carried on his service in Belguim after the war training Belguim EOD guys.

Dave

Hi Waff, the fuse i have got with the scrape marks on did not go with that extension cap, the collection i brought that was in was about third hand so all the history was lost, the only thing i learnt about the collection was that it come from a British EOD guy who was based in the UK during the War and carried on his service in Belguim after the war training Belguim EOD guys.

Dave

No worries Dave.
Im well suited with the caps so thank you. :)

best

waff