What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10.4mm Vetterli packaging

beihan62

Premium Member
Hi All,would anyone be interested in the (empty)packaging from some 10.4mm Vetterli rounds,unfortunatly whoever opened it destroyed part of the label,the internal wrappings are still in situ,the label is dated 3/7/91,(1891),free to any bocn collector,just pm me and I will put it in the post to you,
Regards,Don,

Attachments

• old conservatory 015.jpg
    old conservatory 015.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44
  • old conservatory 016.jpg
    old conservatory 016.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 28
Vetterli?

What makes you think it is 10.4mm Vetterli? It looks like 11mm Mauser to me!

Top left you can see "Gew..." in gothic script which is "Gewehr" and on the right "...en" which is part of "Patronen", which are German for "Rifle" and "cartridge" respectively.

Regards
TonyE.

Hello! That is my box which I straight with EGun to the sale adjusted! Those looks somewhat better than of Don:tinysmile_hmm_t: Gru Harry

Attachments

• Bild 463.jpg
    Bild 463.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21
OOps

Sorry, you are quite right. I was misreading the gothic "Sch..." for "Swiss"!

My apologies,

Regards
TonyE

10.4mm scruffy wrapper

Hi TonyE and Fusse2004,I was given this wrapper some years ago as part of a deal for some vintage air rifles,at the time I was told it was 10.4mm Peabody,I did some research and found a picture of the complete wrapper it was then that I realised what they were,there were 3 inerted rounds with my wrapper,in my ignorance I gave two away,I only have the one left now,
I agree the wrapper is a bit scruffy to say the least,but I thought someone might be able to make use of it,free to a good home,
Many thanks for your input,
Regards,Don,

Attachments

• tankswasp 054.jpg
    tankswasp 054.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 7
  • tankswasp 055.jpg
    tankswasp 055.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
  • tankswasp 057.jpg
    tankswasp 057.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6