What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm Book Vol 1 Progress report

Gspragge

Premium Member
For those who have ordered this and wonder how it's going, it seems to be going well. I suggested to Robert that after he published this there will be the usual corrections and information coming to the surface that usually happens when new information comes out and every one has something to compare to. I suggested that any additions or corrections could go in Vol 2.
G

"Final press proof scheduled for Wed July 15th. Should have test run on binding next day. TEST RUNS ON BLANK PAPER SHOW THAT 632 PAGES-2 SIDED WILL JUST MAKE Maximum size for perfect glue binding. I had to condense Manufacturers section and bibliography to reduce number of pages.

I found 13 drawings were in error on last proof. Should have them corrected this week. They are due to text fonts not being printed the way they show on the screen and not due to my mistakes. I am still not sure on some of my interpretations of the limited data I have but will publish anyway. I have already done about 2/3 of the work on volume II but stopped work last year to finish I."

Nobody has posted anything today, so perhaps I'm the only lucky BOCN member that received his copy of Bob's new book. I was very surprised to find it in my mailbox when I got home from work tonight. Just outstanding and I can't wait for the next 3 volumes.

I pre-ordered my copy at the St. Louis IAA Cartridge Show in April after briefly viewing a proof copy there. It's been a long time coming but worth the wait. Lots of good information on the various models of the 37mm guns I've never seen before as well as the ammunition. Highly recommended.

Rick

Could someone post contact information again? I tried to order copies back when it was discussed months ago, and received no response to my email.

Robert Mellichamp(mellitexas@sbcglobal.net)

Try again - he should have things under control now.

I got my copy yesterday and was reading it til the late hours. Really fantastic book, has already answered many questions that I have had. If you are interested in 37mm guns and ammunition, you need this book! highlandotter

Gordon,

Could you post the email address again? I don't have it in front of me anymore.

Thanks,

John

Here are a few, book has 600 pages, 300 on the guns, 300 on munition types.

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 81
I got my copy yesterday and was reading it til the late hours. Really fantastic book, has already answered many questions that I have had. If you are interested in 37mm guns and ammunition, you need this book! highlandotter

+1

Great book on 37mm..... waiting for Vol. 2 now :D

Worth the money.. great addition to the library.

Yes i agree a fantastic book and great resource, looking forward to Vol 2 as well.
Best regards Weasel.

I am now distributing Robert's fantastic book in the UK and Europe.

It is available for 40.00 plus: 7.00 shipping to UK or 10.00 to Europe.

Due to weight, if you ordered it direct from the US the cost would be about 55.

Payment by PayPal to aoe(dot)303(at)tesco(dot)net.

Regards
TonyE

Last edited:
Any news on when volume 2 of this book will be available ?
Best regards Weasel.

He's working on it but needs help with , Danish Norwegian and Swedish material --- about which I know bugger all ----

Thank you Gordon,
Eagerly awaiting it's printing and have a place already for it on the shelf.
Best regards Weasel.