Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Info wanted on PG-2 charge container

Hello everyone.

Quick question: i've purchased an inert PG-2 rocket and i'd like to make a dummy propelling charge container, out of 40mm pvc tubing. Could someone help me with the dimensions (the overall length) of the charge container?

I guessed it to be around 13-14 cm from this drawing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PG-2_rocket.JPG, but i'd like to know the exact dimensions.

Thank you in advance.
    M

Thanks
    Hi Manchiller,
    According to a diagram I have it is 172.72mm long and 38.10mm in diam. Here's a picture from an EOD manual pdf.
    Regards,
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    My PG-2 is Polish and not Chinese, but slightly different in size. Mine is exactly 165mm long and 38.5mm in diameter. The actual cardboard tube is 160mm long, with the metal cap making up the difference. The cap is force fit over the end of the cardboard tube. It came apart very easy to remove the propellant. I have attached several photos showing it and the end cap. The rear of the tube is closed with a disc that has a dark black sealant over it. The light portion in my photo is a reflection of the green surface where the paint is thin. No matter what length you use, the difference is small enough that no one will notice it. Good luck with your project!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EODGUY For This Useful Post:

Songun 4.25 (7th September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanks mates! Owe ya one! Off to the work bench...

Thanks
    Thanks EODGUY for those great pictures !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EODGUY View Post
    My PG-2 is Polish and not Chinese, but slightly different in size. Mine is exactly 165mm long and 38.5mm in diameter. The actual cardboard tube is 160mm long, with the metal cap making up the difference. The cap is force fit over the end of the cardboard tube. It came apart very easy to remove the propellant. I have attached several photos showing it and the end cap. The rear of the tube is closed with a disc that has a dark black sealant over it. The light portion in my photo is a reflection of the green surface where the paint is thin. No matter what length you use, the difference is small enough that no one will notice it. Good luck with your project!
    Hi all,
    Here are some diagrams I have of PG-2s. One was labeled as Polish the other Chinese. Quite a bit of difference in lengths. Also a cutaway detail of the connector end of the tube from the manual in case you want to get crazy and do a cutaway version.
    Regards,
    Bill

Thanks
    My PG-2 is a practice version, painted black. It was fired. The booster section will be made just to show the overall length of the rocket (looks kinda short now, compared with the PG-7 ). Guess i will paint it black, to match the rest of the rocket.
    I'll go with the Polish dimensions, it's closer to my location. Pics will follow when completed.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Did you happen to note the type and weight of the propellant? The RPG-2 has long been a favorite of mine, more so than it's more well known brother. I had heard that the powder was held in the end sections, separated by an air space between.

Thanks
    Hello again. Finally got some time to take and upload the pictures... So here is the booster (made from pvc pipe sealed at the end with a medicine bottle cap and painted black) and the rest of the round.

I want to thank you all for the provided help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    Hello again. Finally got some time to take and upload the pictures... So here is the booster (made from pvc pipe sealed at the end with a medicine bottle cap and painted black) and the rest of the round.

I want to thank you all for the provided help
    Manchiller,
    Very nice job ! Can you post a pic of the connector end of the tube ? It looks like metal, did you thread it to screw on ?
    Regards,
    Bill

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast