What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yugo Superquick Fuzes

EODGUY

Not exactly sure where to place these, so I will drop them here. Attached are some photos of some of the Former Yugoslav made family of Superquick fuzes. A diabolical set of boobytrap type initiators. The first one is the USE-T electronic time, labeled on the box as the M89. The next photo is the battery compartment of the USE-T opened to show the time settings that ranged from 6 to 9,999 minutes. All of these fuzes have a similar battery compartment that would hold a standard 9V battery. The third photo is the USD-T Inertia/Tilt version labeled M90 on the box. Normally it had 3 small balls in a cage sensor as a trigger, although some were seen with a mercury switch. The next photo is the USI-T labeled as M84 on the box. Not much difference between this and the previous one. The next one is the USS-T Light Sensitive, labeled M84 on the box. Next is the UST-T Thermal labeled M84 on the box. The next photo is the base of the UST-T and you can see a small silver circle in the lower left of the box. That is the sensor that gathers the heat to trigger the device. Finally is the UEPZh Breakwire/Tripwire version.
There were also USA-T Acoustic, USV-T Vibration, USED-T Improved Inertia, and UV-24 Training versions I have not seen. Anyone out there have one of those and would like to share some photos?

Attachments

• Superquick Electronic Time open.jpg
    Superquick Electronic Time open.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Superquick Inertia-Tilt.jpg
    Superquick Inertia-Tilt.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Superquick Inertia-Tilt 2.jpg
    Superquick Inertia-Tilt 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Superquick Light Sensitive.jpg
    Superquick Light Sensitive.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Superquick Thermal.jpg
    Superquick Thermal.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Superquick Thermal, base.jpg
    Superquick Thermal, base.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Superquick Tripwire.jpg
    Superquick Tripwire.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Superquick Electronic Time.jpg
    Superquick Electronic Time.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 132
Hi very cool... Here what I found on Jane's.

Mines and booby traps currently deployed, Yugoslavia.
Jane's Mines and Mine Clearance

SPECIAL ELECTRONIC FUZES

Description
Special Electronic Fuzes, or 'Superquick Fuzes' as they are sometimes called, are a family of booby traps, each with a different operating principle. All are outwardly similar, distinguished only by their markings, (which may be printed in Cyrillic or Roman letters), or a visible sensor. The ribbed plastic casing has two compartments; one houses the sensor electronics and the other a commercial PP3-type 9 V battery. The electronics are normally potted in a silicone rubber compound, although some prototype circuits appear to have been assembled by hand. The battery compartment has a hinged lid with a neoprene seal, and is secured by a single screw. All varieties have a hinged arming pin and two wires protruding from grommets on the side, for connection to an electric detonator. The UEPz model has a further two leads for connection to a breakwire. The fuzes are buff coloured with markings in black or yellow.
Operational details
In the USE-T (timer) variant, the delay on the timer must be set on the four dials in the battery compartment before the battery is inserted. In the UEPz breakwire variant, the breakwire must be positioned and connected before the fuze is armed. With the battery inserted and the detonator and charge attached, all fuzes are armed by the removal of the pin from the side of the fuze body. This begins the arming delay (normally around 5 minutes), after which the fuze will function when the appropriate delay expires or the stimulus threshold is exceeded. On initiation, the detonator is fired by capacitor discharge. The main modes of operation are shown below.
Neutralisation
Once armed, these fuzes cannot be neutralized.
General Information
Emplacement Manual
Detectability Easily detectable
Anti-handling Several types incorporate anti-handling; see table and Notes
Specifications
Weight:
Approx 250 g (incl battery)
Explosive weight:
Nil
Battery:
9 V Commercial (PP3 size)
Length:
95 mm
Height:
37 mm
Width:
72 mm

Designation
Mode of operation
Arming delay
Setting options/Notes
UEPz
Breakwire
1,200 s
Wire breaks with a 3 kg pull
USA-T
Acoustic
270-330 s
90, 100, 110 or 120 dB
USD-T
Tilt
270-330 s
Activates at approx 301 tilt
USE-T
Delay
300 s
6-9,999 min in 1 min increments
USI-T
Inertia
270-330 s
Activates between 1-5 m/s2
USS-T
Light
270-330 s
Activates between 2-7 lx
UST-T
Thermal
270-330 s
Activates between 60-70C
USV-T
Vibration
270-330 s
0.001, 0.01, 0.1 or 1 m/s2

Cheers.
FCAT.
USE-T delay version of the Sp. Elect Fuze.jpgUSS-T Light sensitive Special Elect Fuze..jpg

You are a little ahead of me - I too wanted to create a theme with these vzryvatelyami.Ya looking for high quality photos or drawings of these vzryvateley.Nemnogo nashel.Kak to use them, I know, but the images for the manual is missing.
You helped me:) So, if someone can still help with quality drawings or photographs of the products, I'll be very happy.

I think that this is not manufactured in the former Yugoslavia - label me look as if they were Russian-made devices

The Superquick family of booby trap fuzes were made by Rudi Cajavec in Yugoslavia. I have attached a copy of some pages from their brochure and a label from one of the boxes the fuzes are shipped in. Never saw any reference to production by any other facility in or out of Yugoslavia.

Attachments

• Superquick brochure.jpg
    Superquick brochure.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Superquick Thermal label.jpg
    Superquick Thermal label.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Superquick brochure 3.jpg
    Superquick brochure 3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 96
  • Superquick brochure 2.jpg
    Superquick brochure 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 111
OK my fault, I did not know this - thanks for the info
Mark РЧБЛ means RČBL - Rudi Čejevec Banja Luka ;)

Last edited:
It is easy to see why you would think they were Russian. Thank you for the meaning of the letters. Bob

UV-24 training version

Here are some images of the UV-24 training version
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• UV-24, 1, YUGO,.JPG
    UV-24, 1, YUGO,.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 76
  • UV-24, 1a, YUGO,.JPG
    UV-24, 1a, YUGO,.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 60
  • UV-24, 1c, YUGO,.JPG
    UV-24, 1c, YUGO,.JPG