What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G-Max Stick Grenades.

jeeeensy

Hi,,, I thought i would show these as they are harder to find than the genuine article themselves.

G-max stoped trading a while ago and these became like gold-dust to find, very well made and look good on display.

Regards nick.

Attachments

• P8080001.jpg
    P8080001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 69
  • P8080002.jpg
    P8080002.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 62
  • P8080004.jpg
    P8080004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 78
  • P8080005.jpg
    P8080005.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 58
  • P8080007.jpg
    P8080007.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 57
  • P8080008.jpg
    P8080008.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 76
  • P8080009.jpg
    P8080009.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 60
Ive seen a lot of G-Max items over the years and with the age of them,one has to be careful i would think as they could pass as the real deal to the unwary?

best

waff

They are actually much better made than originals so anyone who has handled a real stick grenade should not be fooled. The handles are made from a better quality wood, the paint on the heads is very thick, the pull "pearls" are a synthetic material (plastic?), the fuzes are made of brass, early sticks had the markings stamped in but the later examples had the markings laser engraved, etc.... Great for display or reenactors which is what they were made for. I have a bunch of these as I used to do some work for G-max and received items as payment. I have a couple of their egg grenades as well as two different panzerfausts. Same issues with those.... they look great but are not 100% the same as originals. In fact the panzerfausts are much lighter than the real thing because the tubes are made from aluminum.

Oh, and G-max still exists but it was taken over by a buddy of mine who primarily makes custom uniforms.

Last edited:
Yes, G-Max copies are just that: copies. Will not fool an experienced collector, even if they have been worked for add age, etc. The problem is when a fuc..ing seller use them for make money with the not experienced collectors.

Last edited:
Just goes to show you as a collector one needs to be at least somewhat educated. If you are going to lay out some large especially for higher line items don't go into it 1/2 assed. Let the buyer beware!! Dano

Yes, G-Max copies are just that: copies. Will not fool an experienced collector, even if they have been worked for add age, etc. The problem is when a fuc..ing seller use them for make money with the not experienced collectors.

Hi Miguel...

100%.. there was a M39 Nebel on German Militaria Collectable.com Site,,, it had beed aged,, stamped and eved had the fuse area re-worked , cut to look like the fuse well had been removed,,, I emailed the seller,, to inform him it was a fake,, even show him what it looked like before it was re-worked, ( i have one like his ) he was not impressed and told me it came from a reputable collector... maybe it did and he was mugged ,who knows.. but is has now been sold and was told the buyer was informed that it was replica and price reduced ... yeah i bet!

cheers Nick,,

if i can find the piccc i'll post them,,

Hi Nick:
Ive been looking at that site, I didnt know it, but or the seller really dont knows what he is selling, (for M24), or in fact he knows too much.

When I say to be educated is the way to go, I think the best education is self taught at shows etc... Hold and feel a known "good" piece, get to know the known original items as many of the fakes are somewhat obvious and it don't take a lot to tell from original. Others are better. But I say your best experience comes from actually holding and touching known originals and get the "feel" for what is right. Not foolproof but not bad. Also get to know and touch your better known fakes and get to know the nuances of these better fakes. A prime example is an m1917 stick that was posted here about a week ago. It was 100% original and quite beautiful, as one coollector said almost too nice to be real, but experience from being around these made it quite obvious that it was the real deal. Good hunting.........Dano

Last edited:
Hi Miguel...

100%.. there was a M39 Nebel on German Militaria Collectable.com Site,,, it had beed aged,, stamped and eved had the fuse area re-worked , cut to look like the fuse well had been removed,,, I emailed the seller,, to inform him it was a fake,, even show him what it looked like before it was re-worked, ( i have one like his ) he was not impressed and told me it came from a reputable collector... maybe it did and he was mugged ,who knows.. but is has now been sold and was told the buyer was informed that it was replica and price reduced ... yeah i bet!

cheers Nick,,

if i can find the piccc i'll post them,,

Ahhh.ha.. only found this picc,, need i say any more ?
wish i had kept the images that were used for the ad,, bt stil ytou get the idea,,, even hardened sellers can get mugged at some point, the sellers are well known in the US,, but now they now.

Regards nick,,

Attachments

• IMG_4363.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi Nick:
Ive been looking at that site, I didnt know it, but or the seller really dont knows what he is selling, (for M24), or in fact he knows too much.

Hi Miguel.. the site is a host for many sellers,,,,they use it to sell their items,,,many sellers on there but prices are high :(

too high :crossedlips:

kind Regards Nick,,