What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german propanganda rocket.

waffenamt

This is a nice item i picked up recently. Im told by my good pal Madbomber that it is a propaganda rocket. Im aware that it is not the original cap,so if anyone can help find one for me plus copies(or original!) leaflets to put inside it then happy days!!
According to my manual,this item was made by Bremshy & Co.,Solingen-Ohlings (bgj)in 1943.
Fully unscrews and inert. :)

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006554.jpg
    S7006554.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 87
  • S7006555.jpg
    S7006555.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 67
  • S7006556.jpg
    S7006556.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 64
  • S7006557.jpg
    S7006557.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Waff,
Very good find!! The Propaganda Geschoss 41 (PrGs 41) was very effective German weapon. Regarding leaflets disseminated from similar rockets and more info on the rocket, please check out the propaganda leaflet website of Dr. Klaus Kirchner at http://www.propaganda-leaflets.com/pdf/Salespublicationsonpropagandainwar.pdf.
He has an extraordinary collection of leaflets. Please note in his pictures of the rocket the spring pin that was used to encourage the leaflet rolls to unfurl once ejected. Have you seen a picture of the metal frame used for launching the rockets?
My interests are specifically with any means of disseminating propaganda leaflets (bombs, rockets, mortars, grenades, etc).
best regards,
Doug

Old thread I know. I have one of these rockets but not in as good shape as yours. I would love to find a nose cap and the inside parts if anyone can help? I will take some pictures and add to the thread. :)