Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bombatorium

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

Name change?

Shouldn`t the bombatorium be called the Jeffsonian Museum?
    ANY LIVE OR DUD ORDNANCE POSTED BY ME HAS BEEN DISPOSED OF BY EOD PERSONNEL

Thanks
    The Jeffsonian Bombatorium.

Thanks
    Considering the size I would go with BOMB MAHAL. Pat

Thanks
    Very impressive space! I would suggest putting in a trap door in the second story floor. It would make things alot easier bringing heavy items up. A simple winch to a ceiling joist an viola 155mm shells upstairs and no slipped disc's, just a thought.

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 1,044 Posts
    While they tell me that we have enough support to put a truck up there, the current plan is that the second floor is for my office and the library. I expect to use one wall upstairs for hand and rifle grenades, and I have four good sized cabinets for small arms (<40mm) but nothing larger is intended right now, other than the occasional cornerpiece. The books are expected to take up plenty of room on their own, plus I want to leave room to grow.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    Latest update, to answer questions from friends.

Ground floor (1-4), drywall is nearly finished, a little more sanding and it will be ready for paint, probably next week. Then the floor will get coated and the posts will get boxed in, lights installed, etc.

Second floor (5-6) - plan is to get the library done first, so I can start moving in bookshelves, books, cabinets, etc. With minor details to be completed that should start tomorrow night.

Office still needs some work (7) its currently the staging area for the library. It will be the focus next week, contractors assure me it will not take long.

Third floor (8) - we have pre-staged books that were shipped home into the storage area (about one ton) so that they can simply be moved downstairs once the additional bookcases are in. Still seven large bookshelves in the old office to be emptied and moved.

In addition, before the kids went back to college (slave labor) we pre-staged some of the collection into the garage (9-10), putting about 1/3rd of the collection over half way to its new home.

Getting close, moving fast, but still a long way to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

John D. Bartleson Jr.

Attic:

Hi Subs, what will go in the attic?
    John

Images
    Thanks
    Hey Subs, That's gonna be an impressive display of your collection. I'm sure it won't take long to fill. Looks cool, it will be neat to see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Bartleson Jr. View Post
    Hi Subs, what will go in the attic?
    John
    John, the attic will be used for general storage - since I expect to have enough room for a change I'm not sure what specifically I need it for, but you can never have enough storage space. It was dead area and built more than strong enough, so I couldn't resist.

GI J, there is discussion about an open-house/grand opening, but we still don't know how long till its finished, I build more shelves, get moved in, etc, so the date is up in the air. Stay tuned.

John D. Bartleson Jr.
    I presume you will also live in the museum? Better alarm it.
    John

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast