What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bombatorium

Does anyone happen to know the Type Designation of the 30mm APFSDS-T round pictured above? I have the same one and its been driving my crazy for years trying to properly ID.

Jason

The first pulls out, but not the second. Is the second one a simple TP slug, or is it finned as well?

DSC_1611.jpgDSC_1612.jpg

The second one you have is APDS-T. As far as I know it is for armor testing, used by the British, made by the US using 30mm Rarden APDS cores. I have my projectile dissasembled if you would like pictures

Sorry for the delay, here we are. What are the markings on your casing? I havent seen one still crimped in before.

Attachments

• 20170422_110025.jpg
    20170422_110025.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 70
Just got back from an ordnance run out of State. Horrible weather; unbelievable rainfall, flooding etc. 1100 miles in each direction. Still, some nice stuff. Managed to add a number of hard to find pieces new to the collection. Enjoy.

DSC_1628.jpgDSC_1629.jpgDSC_1630.jpgDSC_1631.jpgDSC_1632.jpgDSC_1633.jpgDSC_1634.jpgDSC_1635.jpgDSC_1636.jpgDSC_1637.jpgDSC_1638.jpgDSC_1639.jpg

The CS projo is nice. Does it have the inner containers?

Unfortunately not. It is actually a 1970s plastic trainer, made by TASO, the Army's training organization at the time. The bomb is correct though.

I know Kip, he has been at the museum there for many years. But what was the question?

This is it for now. The holidays are over and its just about time to go back to work. This provides a decent overview of the collection, in general shots at least. There are many more pieces scattered around, but most have been shown as they came in, in this and other threads. Enjoy -
View attachment 129093

Would you please be so kind to tell me what the 2 items on the top, left are?

Thank you

German AT/AV mines, the designation escapes me at the moment, AT-1? From the 70s-80s.

Excellent. I thought so. May I ask for a few more detailed pictures?

They look like AT1 mines. 15.000 Rockets with each containing 8 mines were purchased from 1978-1980 for the German Bundeswehr LARS Systems https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Artillery_Rocket_System
Only a few years later the newer AT2 mine and corresponding rockets were developed

It is always amazing which rare items you can organize for the Bombatorium

Sources:
https://books.google.de/books?id=ZY...HcG-CnYQ6AEIOTAD#v=onepage&q=lars at1&f=false

http://waffen-der-welt.alices-world.de/artillerie/mrl/d_lars110.html

Last edited:
I'm out of State at a training conference this week, remind me after Friday and I'll take a couple of pictures.

Been out of touch for a while, ended up on a FEMA deployment in the Houston area for what felt like forever. Back for nearly a week now, and trying to make up for lost time. Picked up this lot on Monday, includes some junk, but some very nice pieces as well. The small arms includes a handful of 14.5, some 12.7, a Boys or two and some various 30s dated 50 cal. Also got the Jap 20mm with the wooden bullet and a 20 Becker. Good to be back. Does anyone know what the metal box is from? Nomenclature says: Model of 1916, S&B 1918.

IMG_1896.jpgIMG_1897.jpgIMG_1898.jpgIMG_1899.jpg