What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glasmine 43

Hehehe, I bought my first Glasmine 43 there with the stepped plate and the green replica Buck fuze in 2006. Nice village Arromanches, if you go with low tide you can walk deep inside the beach around the remains of the Mulberry Harbour.

Attachments

• IMG_5061.jpg
    IMG_5061.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5062.jpg
    IMG_5062.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5064.jpg
    IMG_5064.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5065.jpg
    IMG_5065.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5066.jpg
    IMG_5066.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5067.jpg
    IMG_5067.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5068.jpg
    IMG_5068.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5069.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5060.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 20
Some pics more.

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5075.jpg
    IMG_5075.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5071.jpg
    IMG_5071.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
Nice pictures Miguel, we used to spend quite a few holidays there when my chidren were small.I first went to Nomandy in the late 1980s when things werent so touristy ,Point du Hoc didnt have a carpark ,the battery at Longues was still in the middle of farmers fields ,oh happy days

Yes, in the 80s was when all started, I just was 7-12 years old, so difficult for me collect nothing and travel, but I know people from that days and when they talk me about their finds and prices paid for items today worth some hundreds I want to die.

Here an old pics of my Glasmines. And other pics of a rare variation of a Hebelzunder in grey. And the comparison between real and original breakable plates used in the war and the post war mades for complet the mines for sell them. And the always missing bakelite adapter for Sprengkapsel and explosive block if bakelite explosive block is not used.

Attachments

• German Hebel 4.jpg
    German Hebel 4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Glassmine Complet 2.jpg
    Glassmine Complet 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Glassmine Complet 1.jpg
    Glassmine Complet 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Glasmine Plates 1.jpg
    Glasmine Plates 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 80
  • German Hebel 3.jpg
    German Hebel 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 83
  • German Hebel 2.jpg
    German Hebel 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 82
  • German Hebel 1.jpg
    German Hebel 1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 84
  • German Mines 1.jpg
    German Mines 1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Saying that i can only think of the shop at Arromanches and one in St Mere Eglise that sold militaria ,and a museum at Falaise that sold a few bits .The last time i visted 2003 there were at least 4 shops inSt Mere Eglise alone with some expensive prices

I like the German helmets that have been made into pasta strainers. :bigsmile:

I also saw a German gas mask can that was coated nicely in red porcelain, and made into a pitcher with handle to pour water or drinks.

Also M39 egg grenades made into all sorts of household items.

All these great things are already sold by the time I see them though :tinysmile_angry_t:

One of my favourite items.

Attachments

• Germany Last Weapon 1.jpg
    Germany Last Weapon 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Germany Last Weapon 2.jpg
    Germany Last Weapon 2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Germany Last Weapon 3.jpg
    Germany Last Weapon 3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
Funnels made with the low part of the M39 Egg Grenades and using the detonator wells. Note the grenade is 1945 dated.

Ahhh, thanks, I see. These are really great items. I thought it was a "43" date. I've never seen a 45 date M39 before. Excellent items!!
Do you really need two of them Miguel? Christmas is coming very soon. You know my address already :D

hi
i've got these two.
i was told it's for glassmine.
i just haven't seen it on any photo yet.
would anyone know,please?
cheers

3627871027.jpg

Indeed, rather a beer bottle-opener ... I have no idea what you could do with this device on a glass mine ?
The only glass mine-tool I know is an iron fork for a safer handling of the pressure-plate.Gabel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter that's a very rare metal fork, it was assumed not that long ago that wooden dowling was used. Just goes to show in this game you learn something new all the time. It won't be long before someone finds out what the tin opener shaped object relates to the glass mine.

thanks guys
yes it does look like bottle opener , just why would anyone be bothered with such as clumsy shape :)
BMG50 sorry mate , my Engrish isn't good enough to understand , i'd guess kind of joke ?

just found this thread whilst researching glasmines having bought one at war and peace this year ,I am very interested in making a copy of the metal transport rod and yours is the only picture I have seen ,would it be possible you could measure the length and width etc to allow me to make a copy
thanks ,Nigel

just found this thread whilst researching glasmines having bought one at war and peace this year ,I am very interested in making a copy of the metal transport rod and yours is the only picture I have seen ,would it be possible you could measure the length and width etc to allow me to make a copy
thanks ,Nigel

Unfortunately not, Nigel ... the pic is from an auction on egun some years ago ... I've missed it then.
But you might succeed using estimated figures, as the width is defined by the two grooves of the pressure plate.

oh well not to worry ,I should be able to work out the rough sizes with the known measurements of the mine ,I will have a go at it over the weekend as long as I can get hold of suitable size steel bar
Nigel