What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best book on the VC and the NVA.........

V40

Excelent bok entitiled "Inside the VC and the NVA". Best book out there on what life was really like in the jungles. Also includes the Communistic properties and what the Party member's did within each unit.

V40

This is the book I recommend for inert ordnance of the Vietcong. The grenades section alone is worth the price of the book. There are mostly just photos from collections, but there are some great items pictured. I highly recommend checking this one out if your into Vietnam items.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weapons-Field-Gear-North-Vietnamese/dp/0764305832"]Amazon.com: Weapons and Field Gear of the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong: (9780764305832): Edward J. Emering: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AN5S7SAGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51AN5S7SAGL[/ame]

Yes it is. I have had that book for a number of years now and the information is first rate (with the correction pages) for us who are studying the entire Vietnam War; The Guerrilla Warfare at the squad or platoon size element is where you really start to get into the juicy tactics which is my favorite part of it along with the Ordnance used during the War.

The small action in Vietnam can be extremely interesting most of the time as can be the ordnance used. One thing for better understanding of the war is to remember that the Chinese and the Vietnames hardly ever got along. They did so in the War for purposes of their own.

Moondoogy,

did you get the corrections on some of the pages for this book? If not I can see where I got mine from. I believe it was from the Internet on the book site when it first came out.

Mark

Last edited: