What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 20mm rounds...

pzjgr

Here is some of my German 20mm round collection.....These are around here in the states, not common, but I do find them....the 2 20mm Oerlikon rounds were tough, you can find lots of US Oerlikon, but not so much German in my experience...

Attachments

• 20mm.jpg
    20mm.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 302
They look like very nice rounds to me, well found. The stuff below the shelf looks promising too :tinysmile_grin_t:
Dave.

Sweet rounds pzjgr, The 20mm stuff is really nice and don't take a whole lot of storage space. Well done and thanx for showing them. In my realm of things what i'm after would be the 20mm German WW1 Becker rounds..Best.......Dano

Last edited:
Hi Pzgr, That's a nice collection of German 20mm's. You have picked on one of my favourite collection themes, along with German 7.9's. I was lucky to find most of mine in the US in the early 90's from some of the big collector/dealers and then also from one or two of the then German cartridge identities. Of course with the recent postal silliness, the inflow of such items to Australia (and undoubtedly most everywhere else) has pretty much dissolved to zero and led to an artificial inflation of values of such things. My most recent new cartridge type acquisition was a German 20x119 Madsen. The 'holy grail' for me however is a 20x138B Pzgr...one can dream!
Good Collecting,
Peter.

I hear you on the postal situation, I used to get some really nice stuff out of Europe too. A lkot of my bigger stuff came out of Europe, but that was before 9/11...now I wouldn't trust getting any ordnance from Europe, especially the big stuff. Too much risk of it simply disappearing and never showing up....

Attachments

• large1.jpg
    large1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 112
Hi Pzjgr,
Thats a really nice collection of German 2cm cannon rounds you have put together there. I have quite a interest in these myself, you have some great rounds with lots of original paint on. Don't give up hope on finding your "holly grail" round it took me a good 10 years to get one and not very cheap when i did find it.
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Best regards Weasel.

Here is some of my German 20mm round collection.....These are around here in the states, not common, but I do find them....the 2 20mm Oerlikon rounds were tough, you can find lots of US Oerlikon, but not so much German in my experience...
Hey pzgr, what projectile is the 5th from the right? I have a German 20mm Madsen with the same projectile and was just curious.

And I have a question about the round that is 4th from the right in the first photo, the short belted Solothurn. I've always heard it was Hungarian, and I know it is base fuzed HE. So is it a German loading or Hungarian loading?

It is a Hungarian 20mm 36M "pnclgrnttltny" (AP ammo) for 36M "nehzpuska" (Solo S-18/100).
The H manufacturer logo on the projectile mean llami Hadigyr (Budapest).
The painted white band above the driving band mean AP projectile.