What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

51mm HE Mortar...

Hi Darren, that mortar looks great looking forward to seeing the sectioned one. I've just bought one of these mortars but without a fuze so im on the hunt for a fuze for it. If by any chance you come across one i'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Cheers

Hi Celica, if you are looking for the correct M935 you may have a long wait. I do not think these fuzes are too common, I've never seen one for sale. Im looking for one or two myself and if I am one day able to hunt down a couple of M935 fuzes I will then go ahead and section the mortar and the fuze.

If you are happy to make do with a M52 fuze (on my mortar in the very first post) or a DM93 fuze just to fill the hole then you should have no problem as those fuzes are pretty common.

I will keep my eye out for you.

Darren

Ideally id like the M935 fuze but i'd be happy enough with either the M52 or the DM93, good luck wth the hunt.

I know Darren has seen it anyway but the very next thread I looked at, started by tube8, included a photo of inner containers for 81 mm Mortar HE L36A2 Fuzed L127A3. Take a look at photo No 3: http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/79609-colection-of-all-nation!!-inert-for-sure - from memory this type of fuze was introduced into British service in the 1980s. Many of our fuze enhancements for mortars were of German design, while new fuzes for shell were generally of American design.

I have recently had some info from a very reliable source that the below fuzes were defiantly used with the British 51mm HE mortars.

M52
DM93
M935
L127A2

Darren

Hi Batonroundcollector,
If you have any items for sale, please can you place them in the Classifieds section,
Best regards Weasel.