What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutaway of Stockmine M/43

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
I did this and put it on a mahogany display stand, I think it deserves it. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Attachments

• Stockmine.jpg
    Stockmine.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 213
I did this and put it on a mahogany display stand, I think it deserves it. :tinysmile_grin_t:

This looks fantastic, Great job Anders, well thought out, and so nicely done.

What kind of saw did you use to cut it? a Diamond saw? This looks difficult to do, I imagine you had to cut very slowly.

It looks like they used the same cut metal rod shrapnel as in the later S-mines.

You even had a small brass plate engraved with the mines info! Wow!
Even most wives or girlfriends might let this beautiful cut away stay in the living room :D

Anders,

that alone is what I would call the "Perfect" fit of a display.

You show what is inside the mine, the fuze, the stick, and the pellets it shoots outward when activated, and to top it off, it is on Mahogony which is not cheap. Good Job!

V40

:congrats: a decent job of cutting and also well displayed; congrats !
probably more difficult to make as it may appear on the first view.

What kind of saw did you use to cut it? a Diamond saw? This looks difficult to do, I imagine you had to cut very slowly.
Actually I did it on an industrial concrete table saw with a diamond blade. The RPM was fast although I do not know the exact speed, but it wasn’t slowly. It was also water cooled.

It looks like they used the same cut metal rod shrapnel as in the later S-mines.
Yes you are right about that. The 55 pieces of shrapnel are extracted from the sectioned piece of the mine. Most of them are simply fashioned by cutting off pieces in length of about 10mm from an 8mm rebar. In between, pill-shaped slugs that seem to be “punch holes” leftovers from a whole different production can be found.

I used a neodym magnet with a thrust force of 30 kg. to keep the shrapnel fixed to the mahogany board. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the board and glued the magnet in. You really have to use force in order to pick of one of the shrapnel pieces, they also don’t get lost this way.

Thank you for all the kind words from you all. :top:

Last edited:
Actually I did it on an industrial concrete table saw with a diamond blade. The RPM was fast although I do not know the exact speed, but it wasnt slowly. It was also water cooled.

Hi Anders, Thanks. Yes, I was also thinking surely that it had to be water cooled and lubricated, but I didn't mention this. And yes, agreed, the RPM must be fast, what I meant was that as you cut, you have to advance the blade slowly. These cuts, to do them cleanly, do not seem an easy thing to do.

Yes you are right about that. The 55 pieces of shrapnel are extracted from the sectioned piece of the mine.

OK, thanks, this is what I thought maybe, they look just like the shrapnel in both my SMi35's

I used a neodym magnet with a thrust force of 30 kg. to keep the shrapnel fixed to the mahogany board. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the board and glued the magnet in. You really have to use force in order to pick of one of the shrapnel pieces, they also dont get lost this way.

You are a genius! :congrats: That was a fantastic idea to use one of these newer super strong little magnets. I maybe thought the shrapnel was individually epoxied or super glued together.

Thank you for all the kind words from you all. :top:

Good work deserves good praise. :top:

Last edited: